Need another reason to give up processed food?

covknit

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
I tmay be wrong but silver nanoparticles might be used in manufacturing my washing up cloth. According to this article If used in making computers silver nanoparticles should be registered as a pesticide. This article also contains this A 2005 study in Environmental Science & Technology showed that zinc oxide nanoparticles were toxic to human lung cells in lab tests even at low concentrations. Other studies have shown that tiny silver particles (15 nanometers) killed liver and brain cells from rats. "They are more chemically reactive and more bioactive," Illuminato says, because of their size, which allows them to easily penetrate organs and cells. "Products should be at least labeled so consumers can choose whether they want to be part of this experiment."

I am not using the cloths referred to in this link but err!!! http://vileda-professional.com/en/products/01-wiping/01-microfibre-cloths/02-nanotech-micro/

I hope someone who understands this stuff comes along soon to explain it to me. Meantime do I need a twig to wash the dishes or can I use a pretty little moppet? (Cold Comfort Farm)

covknit

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
In a word ... nanoparticles.

Apparently you're already eating them:

http://grist.org/food/nanoparticles...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Microplastics in seafood is another area of concern re the food chain.
I spent half last night cursing my gp has i had a laxido sugar free sachet before going to bed. It has not performed the prescribed benefit but it is several months since I had the dash to the loo, dehydration condition I now imagine to be my body trying to free itself from poisoning by excess glucose. Then I read an article containing this happy factoid Considering the fact that nanoparticles are now used to help deliver nutrients, keep food fresh for longer, and act as thickening and coloring agents in processed foods, these “different properties” might be cause for concern. Or — at the very least — they might be reason enough to conduct thorough research into their health impacts.

why bother?

D

Deleted member 371625

I really don't understand why anyone would eat processed food. I try to avoid anything with ingredients, just cook from scratch.

However, it would seem that fish and maybe other animals that I eat contain micro plastics so these are hard to avoid, unless I go vegetarian (definitely not an option).

Sticking to real, unprocessed food at least means that I am not contributing to the problem, i.e. if everyone did this there would be no problem, and no multinational food companies.

Reactions: AloeSvea