Need help with medication.

linashjoe

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Im on metform.glicacide.insulin and trulicity and metform makes me so sick any ideas

Reactions: Freema

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Im on metform.glicacide.insulin and trulicity and metform makes me so sick any ideas

@linashjoe - Standard Metformin can make some people sick and cause Diarrhoea, it usually settles in time. But there is a Slow Release Metformin which is better tolerated - go back to see your GP and/or Diabetes Nurse and it may get changed to the Slow Release version of Metformin.

Last edited:

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Hi there. Were you put onto them all at the same time, or were you ok on some, but needed more meds and put onto something that doesn't agree with you.

Could you help us understand what sort of sickness you are experiencing?

Reactions: Freema and Fi2000

linashjoe

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was on metformin and glicacide first then trulicity then daily insulin daily 22 units

Reactions: Freema

linashjoe

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Please help me im also on prednisone 8 daily would this be causeing the high levels

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
Please help me im also on prednisone 8 daily would this be causeing the high levels

Hi. I got my diabetes from taking prednisolone as part of my post transplant treatment. I was warned of this possibility prior to the transplant...so I totally accepted the risk, and don't regret it at all. I was placed on Gliclazide (with little substantial effect) which was doubled (still not a massive difference). Through self testing at home at various times and keeping records of what I ate and what meds I took, I realised that I was getting my highest spikes a few hours after my prednisolone. I discussed it with my doctors who cut the dose a little, and, combined with a low carb diet (the biggest difference...which also helped digestion), my levels came down. I have now persuaded them to cut my prednisolone quite dramatically to a very low dose and my levels have NO spikes due to the drug. As a result of my progress in lowering levels through low carb eating, I came off all meds for diabetes. It depends what you take the steroid for, but I would ask doctors about reducing it due to impact on blood sugar. Good luck.

linashjoe

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Is it normal for your diabetes to cause really sleepless nights as I have only 3 hours sleep every night and im so tired and fatigue all the time please have u any advice