Needing help, have been for years

Millimoi

I’ve had a binge eating disorder for almost six years. I can’t be trusted with food in my own home- even if it belongs to others I will eat it. When I have money to spend it always goes on food- the more the better. My weight has increased dramatically, I used to have very well controlled diabetes it is not the case anymore. I don’t remember to check my bloods as much as I should. I have a lot of self-hatred and guilt.
I’ve been seeing a psychiatrist for ages but he is only just putting me on the first medication which might help my ED by decreasing appetite. I have seen two psychologists who were both unhelpful and am waiting to see a third, but have been waiting since December.
I don’t know what I want from this post, I’m just fed up, and very angry that it is taking so long for them to even start treating me. No one seems to know what to do, where to go, and I feel the longer it goes on the more tired I get and the more my energy to fight is depleted... it would be really great to hear from others like this, how do you cope?

Noodle Jon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’ve had a binge eating disorder for almost six years. I can’t be trusted with food in my own home- even if it belongs to others I will eat it. When I have money to spend it always goes on food- the more the better. My weight has increased dramatically, I used to have very well controlled diabetes it is not the case anymore. I don’t remember to check my bloods as much as I should. I have a lot of self-hatred and guilt.
I’ve been seeing a psychiatrist for ages but he is only just putting me on the first medication which might help my ED by decreasing appetite. I have seen two psychologists who were both unhelpful and am waiting to see a third, but have been waiting since December.
I don’t know what I want from this post, I’m just fed up, and very angry that it is taking so long for them to even start treating me. No one seems to know what to do, where to go, and I feel the longer it goes on the more tired I get and the more my energy to fight is depleted... it would be really great to hear from others like this, how do you cope?

Hi. I know where you’re coming from. I probably do not follow what I have always been told is the correct diet of a diabetic. Today I ate a whole cake, like a big one from the supermarket and a 200g bag of crisps. I made sure I did enough insulin to cover myself but I always crave food I shouldn’t have.

I’m not saying we’re the same but I too feel like I need to control myself more but it’s tough. Why do you think you are having these issues?

Reactions: lcarter

Tom.thomas61

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I am exactly the same, I could easily demolish a cake, chocolate bars, biscuits, everything. I feel like I am always hungry. But a normal meal doesnt appeal as much as junk food does! How is your diabetes in general?

Reactions: lcarter

lcarter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
My pancreas
I just wanted to say you aren't alone. I have sat and wept tonight at my frustration of eating shed loads of carby treats and now suffering with the consequences. I'm severely insulin resistant and read low carb books like they are going out of fashion- whilst eating even more treats. I feel sick. My control is out the window and has been for years, but I take readings constantly and all the insulin in the world but it doesn't make it any better. I constantly feel sick and tired. I'm exactly the same as you with food. Sorry to go on x

Reactions: megan

lcarter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
My pancreas
Hi. I know where you’re coming from. I probably do not follow what I have always been told is the correct diet of a diabetic. Today I ate a whole cake, like a big one from the supermarket and a 200g bag of crisps. I made sure I did enough insulin to cover myself but I always crave food I shouldn’t have.

I’m not saying we’re the same but I too feel like I need to control myself more but it’s tough. Why do you think you are having these issues?
My god I could've wrote this. :(