New A1C results...

sasharhianna93

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done @sasharhianna93 ! A great effort for a rookie! And thanks for posting your good news. Over there you all have a different way of recording your results which can cause confusion.

Forgive me for piggy-backing your thread, but I just got an important HbA1c myself today. It was 41mmol/mol or 6.8 in our money. I think you would say 5.9%? Not a great result, but I'm flying solo now with no meds. Diet and exercise from here on!
Yes! I was wondering about that! But that is wonderful! Congratulations! I am hoping to start being able to reduce my medications! Best of luck!

hooha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
long queues.
So I was just diagnosed in February. My A1C at diagnosis was 12. something. I just had blood work done last week and I am down to 6.6!!! I am so very proud of myself!

Also, how can I explain A1C in simple terms to someone who has no idea what I am talking about?
I am trying to share the good news with my family/friends...but I don't think I'm explaining it very well.

I just want to say a little thank you to all of you on here. This forum has taught me so much, and given me the strength to keep at it even when I don't feel like it.

Keep it up guys! :)
Well done. What Hba1c units are you quoting ? Is this 12% down to 6.6% or ? The units should be on your lab report .
Just say if they ask... the HbA1c test shows how much sugar has been sitting in your blood on average for the last few months, and if they don't get it, point out that the actual level can bounce up and down depending on your food exercise stress and all that so the average is more useful.