oldnevada

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Sugar, in all it's iterations.
I'm a sixty three year old guy. I love to road bike, jog. It keeps my BG levels at a great level. I also love to hike, and enjoy the forest it's fragrances and natural history. For several years I have dreamed of completing my long distance trek in Vermont (U.S.A.). I feel safe with this challenge as my road cycling shows me that stressful exercise does not give me hypos. On the contrary keeps my BG stable (along with my Glyburide and Metformin.) I have in addition successfully completed two Montreal Half Marathons, 2008 '09. I'm also challenged with PTSD so this goal is a terrific expression of living and being excited about life.

Last edited by a moderator:

LivingLoud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Things I should
Awesome, I am very jealous. My wife and I used to love long treks, we've done Kilimanjaro and up in the Himalayas. But all that stopped when we had a child as you can't easily drag a little on these adventures. Hopefully we'll be back out there when the little one grows up. Trekking is actually one of my key strength pillars that keeps me motivated. I want to go see all these great place. Good luck and happy trekking

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Love it!

I absolutely envy you. Used to do a lot of walking in my youth, but bad knees now limit me quite a lot. Just walk the dogs daily now.

There is nothing likeit, is there? The sun and the wind and the Great Outdoors. Fortunately we live within reach of some fantastic scenery, and often choose holiday spots based on local dog walking opportunities.

Have at it - and enjoy!

oldnevada

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Sugar, in all it's iterations.
I'm sorry for the late reply/acknowledgement. My BG has been so stable I have only been checking sporadically. I had my worst hypo this morning a couple of hours after breakfast, 3.2. But that may be good, meaning that, maybe the 20lbs I've lost so far is helping drive down/reverse my diabetes?
I haven't been able to realize my long distance hiking dream this year. Once my weight is down more and have the finances, I take another crack at it next spring/summer. I appreciate the reply..

Reactions: maureen5752