New Baby News

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had my beautiful baby boy on the 10th July at 12.50 pm! Born via emergency c-section!
His sugars were perfect and so is he. Has had to be taken to neonatal because of an suspected infection and needed a little oxygen.

That all came back fine but as we were leaving they noticed he had yellow skin .. Jaundice!
So we're currently still in hospital but he's very healthy apart from that!

Xxx

Another massive congratulations sweetie , big hugs. xxx

hels

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Congratulations! Hope you are both recovering and you are enjoying being mum. Xxx

Lolli24

I had my beautiful baby boy on the 10th July at 12.50 pm! Born via emergency c-section!
His sugars were perfect and so is he. Has had to be taken to neonatal because of an suspected infection and needed a little oxygen.

That all came back fine but as we were leaving they noticed he had yellow skin .. Jaundice!
So we're currently still in hospital but he's very healthy apart from that!

Xxx

Congratulations babe!! So happy for you. Amazing news xx

Reactions: 2 people

JessP

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
HI Ladies. Gosh it's so lovely to read all your news. Madeline huge congrats on the arrival of Jack, well done you!
It was great to see everyone's updates of their little ones and glad to hear that everyone is getting on well. Since I last posted we have made our big move to Australia (husband is from here) and begun settling into life here. The weather has been glorious since we arrived even though it's "winter" at the moment. Rosie is thriving and a joy to have around. She'll be 6 months in just over a week and I can't believe how fast it's gone! She is a cheeky wee thing, laughing a lot, chatting loads, sleeping like a dream and up for playing a lot too. We started weaning her onto food about a week ago (they do it from 4 months over here) and she's loving food which is great. Now all we need to do is stop her developing an Aussie accent when she learns to speak. ;) Will try to put up a photo of Rosie but the website won't seem to allow me right now...
Enjoy!!!
xxx

JessP

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
rosie.jpg
recent shot of Rosie enjoying life here in Australia.

Reactions: 15 people

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Beautiful photo, Jess! 6 months - wow!

I'm very pleased the move went well. It must have been a massive thing to do, especially with a young baby. Glad you're all enjoying life there :)

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
Our latest baby arrived yesterday - a sister for 2 1/2 y-o Michael.

She brings our g-children tally to 13, including 2 step.

Reactions: 6 people

Seriously_Sax1989

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello I'm posting on behalf of my friend who has just had a new baby. Little girl born Friday morning weighing 5lb 7, so very small! She said the baby's sugar levels were 2.6 then after feeding rose to 3.9, then dipped to 2.2 and again rose but only to 2.8. Docs haven't said she's diabetic but I was wondering are these readings normal or too low? Thanks :)

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Congratulations to,your friend :)

If she's worried, she should talk to a doctor or nurse about her baby's results, but, in general, blood sugar levels of newborns are lower than adults. When they are first born it can be quite low, but usually rises. Small and/or premature babies are more likely to have low blood sugar.

I'm sure everything is fine else the doctors or midwives would have raised it with your friend, but do encourage her to ask about anything that's bothering her. It's a mum's job to worry : D

Seriously_Sax1989

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ahh thank you very much! Not being a parent myself yet, when she told us the sugar levels I was like omg that's seriously low! She has a midwife appointment tomorrow so I'm sure she'll ask about any concerns but I went to see baby today and OMG dinky little thing!

maryamy1994

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Arogance, Bullies, Rudeness, Discrimination towards diabetes
James John was born 22nd September by c section as my placenta was failing.
He was 8.6lbs and was healthy so didn't have to go to NICU we're being discharged today

Reactions: 13 people

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Ooh, congratulations! :) I've been wondering how you were getting on.

I hope you're recovering from your section well and enjoying your little son :) Great news he avoided NICU.

Azure xx

maryamy1994

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Arogance, Bullies, Rudeness, Discrimination towards diabetes
Here he is x

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg