New bread by Hovis

P

pollensa

Hi
I have just seen this new bread which is lower carb.

Has anyone else seen it?

A bit pricey as im used to a bigger loaf for less.
1bcceb5f5223aef666b91ce2a323f989.jpg

Steve
Sorry to give the bad news, Bread is NO NO NO PRE DIABETES, DIABETES full stop unfortunately. One should be careful just because it says seeds does not mean its no full of carbs, all breads sourdough included are full of carbs. one must not convince oneself bread with seeds or words for marketing its lower in carbs, it may be, but the fact remains clear it bread.

I have not eaten bread now for 11 months and yes it has been hard, my favorit meal in the world, macadamia nut bread with fabulous cheese and wonderful red wine nothing better in the world, or typical Mallorcan dish of olive oil drizzled on unsalted mallorcan bread, with squeezed tomato and garlic rubbed over with jamon Serrano, wonderful....that's gone out of the window too with lots of will power and tears...

Instead, I have my seed crackers wonderful.....so forget any bread, if I were you.... simply put

1 cup sunflower seeds in a blender with half cup of seasame seeds
blitz until it looks like flour.
Put in a large bowl, put in oregano, herbs provincial, half cup of parmesan cheese, black pepper, and two tablespoons water mix all until its a wet dough.

Roll it out on oven paper, until very thin, score it to make squares, sprinkle seasame on top and pop it into the oven at 160 fan forced for 20 mins. KEEP EYE on it last 5 mins as it can darken the seeds quickly and that spoils the taste.

Put them in air tight container they keep for 3 weeks, have them with avocado and tom, or cheese, or any topping you want, and they are my substitute for bread, so go one , try them, you wont want to look at bread again......

Hope this helps

Mallorca

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry to give the bad news, Bread is NO NO NO PRE DIABETES, DIABETES full stop unfortunately.
It depends on what type of diabetes, what type of bread and how much you eat. I am T2D on diet only and I can eat a slice of Burgen, Lidl HP Rolls or my own low carb rolls with no problem.

woodenone46

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hovis also do a half loaf called:
Hovis Nimble

Tastes ok
Going to have Sandwich for Lunch so will get a more accurate reading BG as I had it between meals yesterday