New Diabetes Treatment Could Eliminate Need For Insulin Injections

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Lovely. So it looks like we could end up getting "chipped" like dogs every 4 months...

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
We can only hope @asparagusp but we have been here many times before with the ''successfully tested in mice'' statements, that said lets keep thinking positive :)

A

asparagusp

We can only hope @asparagusp but we have been here many times before with the ''successfully tested in mice'' statements, that said lets keep thinking positive :)
Yes I know - unfortunately. We can only keep an open mind and hope.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: dbr10

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have heard about this "implant" under the skin idea over 20 years ago... Though to be fair. Also confused/blurred with the development of the pump...
I always questioned the oversight of refilling this concept tech...

Reactions: noblehead

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I have heard about this "implant" under the skin idea over 20 years ago... Though to be fair. Also confused/blurred with the development of the pump...
I always questioned the oversight of refilling this concept tech...

Your probably right about the time scale @Jaylee

Remember not long after I was diagnosed there was a story in one of the Sunday papers about a capsule being developed containing insulin producing cells, it was to be swallowed and designed to work in the small intestines but it was unsuccessful due it being destroyed by the powerful stomach acids, remember reading that and thinking positive only to have my hopes dashed some time later.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Your probably right about the time scale @Jaylee

Remember not long after I was diagnosed there was a story in one of the Sunday papers about a capsule being developed containing insulin producing cells, it was to be swallowed and designed to work in the small intestines but it was unsuccessful due it being destroyed by the powerful stomach acids, remember reading that and thinking positive only to have my hopes dashed some time later.
Hmm now you mention it... It does ring a bell.. & possibly one of the reasons why a lot of T2 oral meds are misunderstood by the general public & some users ? ;)