New favourite yoghurt (low carb)

mytype1.life

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi guys,
Just thought I'd share a personal favourite. Aldi seem to be stocking a new Skyr yoghurt range in perfect portion sizes. I've tried the vanilla and mango version so far and they are delicious, enjoy.
22ac45908efe5095b9436fff33c45222.jpg

lessci

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That's even lower that my weight watchers fromage frais which are about 5.9g per 100g! My only problem would be portion control, I always end up with a bigger than 50g (standard yoghurt pot size) when I try to do it myself !!

Reactions: mytype1.life

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I love Skyr and it is about 3 times higher in protein than Greek yogurt but a lot here wouldn't have it as it is fat free

mytype1.life

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I ate all 170g, couldn't help myself!!! Not bad for 7.3g of carbs.
They were in the convenience/snack section not actually with the yoghurt in my local Aldi.

BrianTheElder

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Snide people
Hi guys,
Just thought I'd share a personal favourite. Aldi seem to be stocking a new Skyr yoghurt range in perfect portion sizes. I've tried the vanilla and mango version so far and they are delicious, enjoy.
22ac45908efe5095b9436fff33c45222.jpg
Hi @tiredoftrying2017
It looks really nice.
My problem, however, is finding a high fat yoghurt. There are plenty of no-fat and low-fat varieties around, but you really have to search the shelves to find a full-fat one. It's all very strange really.

mytype1.life

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @tiredoftrying2017
It looks really nice.
My problem, however, is finding a high fat yoghurt. There are plenty of no-fat and low-fat varieties around, but you really have to search the shelves to find a full-fat one. It's all very strange really.

True! It's the 'theory' that fat free is better isn't it. Appeals to a lot of customers.
I've noticed Aldi have started doing their own brand of Greek yoghurt a fat free and a normal version.

MikeWB1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Been eating plain Skyr with some berries for breakfast for some time now, as it's low in both sugar & fat. Helps with my weight loss & leaves me free for a little more fat later in the day. Loving it!

Grateful

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Here in America I eat Chobani Greek yogurt. I have the zero-fat version, with 6g of carbs per 150g (which is 4g per 100g i.e. about the same as the OP's yogurt). They have a full-fat version which has the same carb content as the zero-fat version: http://www.chobani.com/products/plain#plain-whole-milk.

The brand is expensive but I like to buy their stuff in part because of their ethical work practices. (I wait for it to be on sale then stock up!)

TERRYBURGE

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi @tiredoftrying2017
It looks really nice.
Hi BrianTheElder,
This pot says naturally occurring sugars? If that means fructose it's a no go surely? My diabetic dietician tells me to avoid any sugars where the name ends in "ose"?

TIANDB

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Hi BrianTheElder,
This pot says naturally occurring sugars? If that means fructose it's a no go surely? My diabetic dietician tells me to avoid any sugars where the name ends in "ose"?
Hi Terry I presume the naturally occurring sugars is the 4.3% Carb sugar count which is low for yoghurt.
Iceland's sell a very thick set Lancashire farm yogurt 6.5g Carbs (3.4 Sugars) 10g Fat//100g it is luscious indeed especially with double cream and berries..
http://groceries.iceland.co.uk/lancashire-farm-greek-style-luxury-yogurt-1kg/p/67738

miszu

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I look for low carb and dairyfree one. I found one in the past but I noticed it contains aspartame so I had to off that too. Still on hunt.

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I bought two yesterday not cheap 99p each but have not eaten them yet. I usually have the other Skyr ones they do .The yogurt is plain and it is just the small amount of fruit in the bottom that has natural sweetener

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

miszu

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin