New Forum Member

KarmaJoJo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Hi, im Jo

I was diagnosed Type 2 Hyper last May, initially got control quickly, but since lost it again, generally hover around low double figures. Am due to start GLP1 on Thurs, would be interested to know if anyone else is on this and any results they've had, i've been put on it for weight loss as well as blood sugar control :)

Osidge

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies.
Hi Jo

Welcome to the forum. I hope that you find it a helpful and supportive place.

I have used both Byetta and Bydureon and found that they both worked well in both glucose control and weight loss. Having now lost 10% of my body weight and being no longer obese! I am now just controlling my diabetes with diet and metformin.

Keep well

Doug

KarmaJoJo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Thanks Doug

I forget the name of the one theyre putting me on, wasnt one of those, it begins with an L, but i am keen to get started, have been overweight for most of my adult life, but a recent medication change for my Fibromyalgia has helped me lose over 2 stone already, so i have hopes for the GLP1, not keen on the idea of injecting every day, but have a high pain threshold & will try anything to get to a healthy weight for once in my life. How long did it take you to achieve the 10% may i ask?

Thanks
Jo

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi and welcome. Are you also controlling your diet by reducing the carbs and portion sizes? This is always better than medication although you may need that as well

Reactions: 2 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Hi Jo, welcome

What did you do to get your initial control, and what if anything changed to lose it again? What do you typically eat?

Osidge

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies.
Hi Jo

I am guessing that the drug is liraglutide. I would not worry about the injection side of things as the needles are very short and extremely thin. I found that I was virtually just placing the needle where I wanted it and letting it sink in!!

My weight loss was over 3 months and it has made me feel so good about my long-term health conditions.

You may want to review your diabetes self care from time to time but you need to get going on your new medication. Success with that may give you the encouragement to look at other weight loss and glucose lowering regimens.

Good luck in you diabetes journey.

Doug

Reactions: 2 people

Loobles

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who interrupt you when you're talking and people who won't listen.
Hi and welcome to the group. I haven't injected diabetes medication but I've done my own heparin injections in the past (and I'm familiar with the diabetes injections and needles, even though I don't inject myself) and I can confirm that they're small needles and painless...or I thought so anyway. Hardest thing for me was remembering to take it but luckily I was in hospital at the time, so if I hadn't asked for it by bed time, somebody reminded me LOL.