Wayne08

:D Hi Guys thought I should introduce myself I am Wayne I am 53 years old and live just outside Cardiff at the moment I am pre- diabetic ( my fasting number is usually over 7.00 ) I have tried this past few years to moderate my condition by cutting down on sugar etc my diatician says that i have done well to get this far but as my fasting glucose numbers are still 7.00 plus during my next diabetic review we will talk about medication ( ie. Metaformin) I am not unduly worried as i already take medication for hypertension my cholesterol is way under the danger limit - we are lucky in Wales as we do not have to pay for prescribed medicine
I have a very sweet tooth and often fall off the wagon abysmally - I have been reading some of the posts and certainly can equte to some of the comments -I hope I can learn more about my condition by joining the group and hope I can give soemthing back

Take care

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Welcome to the forum ,Wayne,have a good read round and ,if you have any questions,ask away.There's usually someone who will answer them.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Hi Wayne 08
You sound like a candidate for low carb. If you cut your sugars out pretty much completely and reduce starchy foods right down, there's a good chance your fasting number will drop into the safe zone ie under 7

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hya wayne,
welcome to the forum :D

fergus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi Wayne, welcome, and we look forward to getting to know you.

All the best,

fergus