New Regs

glenmoray

I've been diabetic type 1 since 1977 so have renewed my driving licence over 13 times and have never had to supply 3 months worth of blood tests. All I have had to do is sign a form to allow DVLA to contact my hospital and Doctor. All I say is I always test my sugar levels when driving and never drive if my blood sugars fall below 4,5 mmol. You do the same as us all and you will never have a problem .

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

garythegob

i drive for a living, not hgv but normal cars, i am a computer field engineer, live in Plymouth, and can cover anything up to 500 miles a day, i test before i start off, and every 2 hours, have only ever had 1 hypo in the 12 years i have been diagnosed as type 2, and that was at night, due to me not eating after taking byetta and going to bed, bg was measured at 1.3mmol i think it was! i have always been told DO NOT DRIVE UNDER 5, i also believe that because i am not taking insulin i do not have to inform dvla, is that correct?

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Depends, any medication that has the potential to cause a hypo ( Gliclazide for instance ) then you must inform DVLA.

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Gary, you would have to inform dvla as you are on them meds, if you don't your insurance would be invalid. Also tell your insurance, there should be no extra charge from them.

Sent from my GT-S5360 using DCUK Forum mobile app