New take on diabetes management!

Postleneo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Think i must be doing something wrong - been micro managing this condition for 18 months...at times seem to have cracked it, changes to carb ratios, correction ratios, no alcohol, lower carbs, pre-bolus timings etc etc then as soon as i think ive cracked it BS goes heywire and back to the drawing board!!... i know a lot of you guys will no doubt know exactly what im talking about and no doubt can feel somewhat deflated at times but wait... there is light at the end of the tunnel!!! - ive been watching Emmerdale and the character Kerry who is type one diabetic always seems to look healthy.... ive never seen her carb count.... or eat healthy with a healthy lifestyle and she is always munching out of chips, cakes, chocolate and beer!!....... may be this is the way to go to manage this condition!!! and maintain optimal blood sugar readings!! Thanks for the inspiration Emmerdale.... that must be the way to go!!! :)

Reactions: Dodo

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
she did apparently have a hypo the other month - which was dealt with correctly, apparently. I don't watch it but it was mentioned on the forum at the time.

Postleneo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
she did apparently have a hypo the other month - which was dealt with correctly, apparently. I don't watch it but it was mentioned on the forum at the time.
Didnt see that one....was that after all the chocolates or cakes??? -

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
She also has retinal neuropathy- she went blind riding her Bike! - they do from time to time mention in the story line that she needs to be more healthy and caring about her diabetes, but I agree she looks fairly healthy on it

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
*retinopathy - auto correct stupid but not far off lol