New to Gliclazide - Getting Emotional

lessci

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My DN added 80mg Glic to my Janumet 2 weeks ago - my BG is coming down nicely again, but and it's a big but I've started having mood swings. Sometimes I want to rip someones face off just for talking to me, at others I want to hide away and just cry. Having been through periods of depression in the past I'm not sure whether it's that rearing it's ugly head again or a side effect of the Glic. I've made an appointment to see my DN but the earliest I can get in is the 7/5 so was just looking for some advise before then

Allig

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, I am on Glicozide. What did dr say about being emotional? I am having similar experience but wondering if i am going through the change

anteater2012

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
People who don't listen to others i.e. the 8 members of this forum I have put on ignore as they talk such utter **** all the time. This now includes the member who thinks they are a moderator.
I have just requested and been taken off glic (despite the good effects on BS) because I can not handle the mood swings anymore. On the days I managed to stay awake, I spent most of them wishing I were dead.

The good news is that after 10 days I feel better generally. I am on glimiperide now but only six weeks in. So far things seems to be ok-ish

I also take Vit B6 (recommended by two different docs for PMT) - have used evening primrose in the past and this was also reasonably effective against the monthly blues

lessci

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dn and doctor don't think it's the glic and have kept me on it, but 7 was taking statins too which ive stopped as one of the rare side effects listed was depression, the doctor said it was unlikely but as my dad had similar problems with simvastatin im not willing to take the risk. Been prescribed a course of antidepressants and generally feeling better.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Allig

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Waiting for dr to call me today, feeling really fed up with not feeling myself. Thinking of just stopping tablets! I was only diagnosed at Xmas and on my 3rd lot o medication :(

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Allig, the Glicozide isn't working for you and you have swapped 3 times, sometimes it takes a while to find the best med. hang in there