Newbie just started on Victoza

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
Hiya folks ... My first visit here as a type 2 diagnosed Jan 2000 but was classed as a pre-diabetic for many years prior to changing GP practice.
I am retired and very restricted as far as exercise is concerned due to arthritis and summat they tell me is myofascial problems/pain. I have just started on Victoza as my long range BG tests have been slowly climbing over that past 3yrs and have now reached 7.9 what ever that means. I do have a next to useless diabetes nurse who is almost impossible to see without making an appointment that will be at least 5wks ahead due to her huge list of other duties. Soooo..I was wondering if anyone else is on these injections and if they have experienced much success... below is my list of daily meds
Victoza 0.6 rising to 1.2 in two days time
Metformin SR 500mg x 3
Actos 30mg x 1
Sotalol 40mg x 6
Canedsartan 32mg x 1
Amlodipine 5mg x 1
Lansoprazole 15mg x 2
Aspirin 75mg x 2
Dihydrocodiene 30mg .. up to 8 a day as and when needed
Carbocistine 375mg x 4
Crestor 10mg x 1
Telfast 120mg x 1
Rapitil eye drops
Dermovate ointment
Plus Ventolin and a steriod inhaler with nebules + nebulisiation when my breathing gets too bad

I have not noticed any side effects yet from the Victoza other than feeling tired most of the time (often falling asleep in my chair), but neither have I seen my prick tests alter, so I was wondering how long it will take before I see any change?

PS.. I really really struggle with anything in font size smaller than this

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Hi Hobs.
Welcome to the Forum. Regarding your Font size, can you please type it in whatever font size you need then just before you post reduce it all back to normal font size.

When viewing pages you can enlarge/reduce the size for your convenience by clicking on the letter A top
right of the screen.

Thank you....... :D

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
Hmmm ...if I'm the only T2 to be using Victoza, I'm not sure if anybody will be interested in this, but I'll add it anyway. If it has FDA approval it probably wont be too long before I can get a script here in England.

From my news e-mails

Newsflash 31 January 2010

'Novo Nordisk's Once A Day Victoza(R) Tablets, receives trial approval for adults with Type 2 Diabetes'

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Hobs said:
Hmmm ...if I'm the only T2 to be using Victoza, I'm not sure if anybody will be interested in this, but I'll add it anyway. If it has FDA approval it probably wont be too long before I can get a script here in England.

From my news e-mails (Daibetes in control)

Newsflash 31 January 2010, Issue #506

'Novo Nordisk's Once A Day Victoza(R) Receives FDA Approval for Adults with Type 2 Diabetes'

You are not the only T2 on Victoza. There is a large and growing thread on here in Diabetes Medication and Drugs, entitled funnily enough.......VICTOZA. You should have a look there.

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Thanks... my info friend was getting it wrong anyway and has ameded the so called news

I will go looking...thanks *thumbs up*

kay957

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi Hobbs

For the font size you can do this via your computer by pushing control and + sign this will increase the font, if this needs decreasing use the control and -

I am on Victoza for 7 days now and I saw the difference after 3 days.

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Thanks for the info... I've found the Victoza in the Diabetes Medication and Drugs section *thumbs-up*
---------------------------------------------------
Yes, I do sometimes use the zoom control, but I usually end up in a pickle and I loose the page. The A^ at the top right just about makes it readable if I squint hard and that way at least I keep the page..LOL I really need new glasses but I've been told to wait until I get the BG firmly back under control.
Most forums are different and I'll get used to this one if I keep trying different buttons etc.

Garfield

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I started on Victoza in Oct, so I'm on 1.8 which is the Max. I have more or less stopped taking insulin, about 6 times since I started, It reduces the appetite and I have lost 5 stone (I was 20 stone and I'm not looking for it). I also go to the Gym 3 or 4 times a week and I feel great. It will happen, good luck. :lol: