Newbie with more questions than answers :-)

Looseboy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes
So I had the check up with the Nurse last week and TBH I was pleasantly surprised as she was ok with me trying diet only. In fact she was quite excited by the prospect when I laid out my results and showed that I had done some reading and made lifestyle changes already. Because of this she is keen to support that decision (even though my plethora of other issues say not i.e. high BP, Fatty Liver, High Cholesterol)

She was actually quite surprised that I had made an effort , so not sure what people in my area do but feels like many have not found this site before visiting their Nurse.

Quick update on my numbers below and a question about post meal spikes.

I had a meal I had several times and have been experimenting with 1hr measurements (left hand comments column). I wanted a wider view as I hear people talking of 1hr and 3hr readings. In general my numbers have been fairly consistent until this one yesterday. I realise it is a high carb meal so shouldn't be that surprised, but I have had it before and the 1hr post measure was not as bad.

My question however is about normal readings after 1hr. is there such a thing and is there a limit that non diabetics never go over i.e. the 7.5? Should I have a magic number?

Also I have not done 3hr as I find the 2hr level always seems to be less than 1hr so assume I wont get a 3hr spike.

Are there any other times of day I need to try to see if I have hidden spikes. I am only eating these 3 times day at the moment , no snacking

upload_2017-5-16_13-33-19.png

Reactions: Liam1955