jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi..I’m fairly new ti all of this and tbh there is just so much info to absorb..much of it above my head at the moment . I went ti my dr as j was having loads of muscle spasms (cramps?) all over..so she tested my thyroid and also for diabetes. My sister has just been diagnosed as having hyperthyroidism so I’d not have been surprised..in fact looking at the list of symptoms for hypothyroidism I thought “that’s me!!)..however they were satisfactory. A second fasting test however confirmed type 2 diabetes..a shock to me ask eat fairly well, though I now understand that it’s more than that. No meds but given lifestyle and diet advice, back today for a foot check and j asked about testing so I can watch what’s happening and adjust foods/activity levels accordingly, but I was advised it’s only really for people on meds, which I was half expecting. Also to eat everything in moderation..as j said before..my diet is already pretty healthy although I am overweight..I just generally prefer healthy foods. My levels were hbac1..56 and fasted 8.6..so really I want to lower this ..next appointment February for bloods but I’ve an eye test and am awaiting the Desmond course info..any advice??????...thanks in advance. (My doctors are generally very good but tbh I just feel I should be doing more to help myself)

Welcome @blubelle1

While i don't want to worry unnecessarily,
you may not have noticed but you have joint an ELITE team.

T2D's that are confounding the Medical sciences, by defying the common notion that T2D's get the DX
then take the blue pill..and wait

Wait for what i hear you ask...the inevitable end they so confidently predict,
because for years and years they IGNORED the science that we fare less well then others on higher Carbs.
(*in fact the notion does seem to becoming clearer that the WORLD doesn't do that well on it over time.)
* https://www.crossfit.com/essentials/its-the-insulin-resistance-stupid-part-1V

we are storing up disease and ailments by the dozen as we continue our headlong rush into this 1984 'healthy' life style living that , the Cynical me, says funds all those big businesses involved.

mmhh "market the food that's unhealthy as 'healthy'
make them eat that food,
then treat them for the illnesses those very foods cause.." .WIN/WIN/WIN..it seems for big Business.

What a great business model, it really is the gift that keeps on giving

as long as the proles keep believing it.

However on here those rose coloured glasses have been taken off and
discarded.:wideyed:

and as our newest superhero, you need to know that just as superman had his Kryptonite.
us T2D's have ours...it's carbs
aka rice, pasta, bread of almost any hue.

they are our Jokers in the pack, until we uncover and thwart their cunning plan to poison us with disinformation.

You have reached a sanctuary of honest, hard earned, respected information.

Go read, learn more and take your pick of the routes others have chosen

and as Spock would have said if he was T2
" you CAN live well AND prosper with T2D,
IF you choose, reducing your Carb intake, IS after all, the only Logical answer, captain.."..:)

Reactions: blubelle1