Newbiee needs advice

lowedb

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Is the T2DR you mention a separate site, or the one on FB?

TallLeeds

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have to admit that the site I found is proving to be impossible to find! I have no idea why and I haven't checked the FB site. ..yet. But, the advice they gave was inspirational. ...do it right, as instructed and achieve success. .or..do it the old way and look forward to a future filled with debilitating drugs....no choice really.

On that site there was no polite acceptance of excuses and 'reasons' for failing.....there aren't any...they're only excuses for weakness....if YOU put it in your mouth. YOU'RE to blame....I'll look at theFB page to see if they're the same site and come back to you. If u need tonask any more questions feel free. Good luck.

TallLeeds

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have spent an hour looking online for the American site...Ican find references to it but no connection....No Idea Why!...sorry. but...low....very low...in fact NO carbs! is a great start. Low Carb High Fat describes it all. Eat food you've cooked...no processed! Use butter and Olive oil to cook with. Don't eat Root vegetables. There are plenty of above ground veg...broccoli. .spinach...peas...courgettes. ..Eat cheese. .nuts, in moderation. ...No SUGAR. ..at all....sorry if thus is a bit full on but its the only way to get well...its a great way to eat.

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The prospect of being on meds for life doesn't really appeal to me but also the prospect of only eating what is really good for you doesn't either lol

That's probably because you haven't discovered what healthy glucose friendly food means :D

Hotpepper20000

I have spent an hour looking online for the American site...Ican find references to it but no connection....No Idea Why!...sorry. but...low....very low...in fact NO carbs! is a great start. Low Carb High Fat describes it all. Eat food you've cooked...no processed! Use butter and Olive oil to cook with. Don't eat Root vegetables. There are plenty of above ground veg...broccoli. .spinach...peas...courgettes. ..Eat cheese. .nuts, in moderation. ...No SUGAR. ..at all....sorry if thus is a bit full on but its the only way to get well...its a great way to eat.
It is a great way to eat for sure! Yummy and filling.
Glad to see you've had so much success!!

Reactions: TallLeeds

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I've been enjoying low carb eating since the late1970s - unfortunately our medical fraternity have been against it for at least that long, but it has had an ever growing following - ever since Atkins.

Reactions: TallLeeds