Newcastle update three weeks down five to go...

Swiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
FBG today 7.2. Total weight loss 9lbs, weight loss this week zero...
Things were going very well last week, I tested frequently and had one 8.2 the rest were all below 7.2 with the lowest being 6.2. I even had three FBG in the sixes. Friday was a very stressful day and I succumbed to the bag of roasted cashews in the kitchen cupboard. Over the weekend I have polished off 350g of nuts, 300ml of double cream and 2tbs soy sauce. Looking at it written down it doesn't look too bad but the calorie count seems enormous. I didn't have any shakes over the weekend, I had coffee with cream, two boiled eggs on both days and a small piece of salmon marinated in soy sauce, garlic and ginger cooked on the griddle and served with roasted vegetables cooked with olive oil (onions, peppers, aubergines and mushrooms). I tested a lot because I was feeling guilty and the highest level I got was 7.8 which was 2 hours after eating.
I'm back on the programme from today and I hope I haven't scuppered my good work. See you all next Monday with an update. X

Reactions: ziggy_w and Guzzler

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It was just a weekend setback. Pretty small in the grand scheme of things.

I remember someone posting that they had a couple of these while NDing, and they just added the number on days onto the end of their 8 weeks, to ensure that they got the full 8 weeks.

IMHO you should be congratulated for staying on the low carb bus, and not derailing into chocolate and sweetness. Well done, and hope today goes well. You will find it much easier to get back to ND without carb cravings mucking things up. :)

Swiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It was just a weekend setback. Pretty small in the grand scheme of things.

I remember someone posting that they had a couple of these while NDing, and they just added the number on days onto the end of their 8 weeks, to ensure that they got the full 8 weeks.

IMHO you should be congratulated for staying on the low carb bus, and not derailing into chocolate and sweetness. Well done, and hope today goes well. You will find it much easier to get back to ND without carb cravings mucking things up. :)
Thanks@Brunneria, no I have no desire to eat chocolate at all and there will be no more cashews coming into my kitchen. Brilliant idea to tag an extra couple of days on at the end. X