Newly diagnosed on 27th Oct

Mark14400

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I would like to add something...It looks like (reading the thread) that I am laying blame on the DSN's at the hospital. Nothing could be further from the truth. They are truly amazing! They have been understanding, supportive and have gone out of their way to help me during a difficult time. Way beyond my expectations and I have nothing but the highest respect for them. I think the NHS logistics team need a kick up the **** though....

alhubb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I would like to add something...It looks like (reading the thread) that I am laying blame on the DSN's at the hospital. Nothing could be further from the truth. They are truly amazing! They have been understanding, supportive and have gone out of their way to help me during a difficult time. Way beyond my expectations and I have nothing but the highest respect for them. I think the NHS logistics team need a kick up the **** though....
Totally agreed, the guys at the hospital are fantastic, especially Katie the dietician, she's awesome. Surprised it was lost, interestingly I had my GADs done by my GP and then got admitted to the MDU a week later who told me they'd do my islet abs and GADs again but when I went back to the DSN they said they didn't do it....

Reactions: Mark14400

Mark14400

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Totally agreed, the guys at the hospital are fantastic, especially Katie the dietician, she's awesome. Surprised it was lost, interestingly I had my GADs done by my GP and then got admitted to the MDU a week later who told me they'd do my islet abs and GADs again but when I went back to the DSN they said they didn't do it....
Katie is my dietician too...Small World !

Last edited:

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes...thanks. Monthly average of 6mmol/l according to Glucose meter. Morning readings are a bit high (7-8) not sure how to deal with that.

Once they have confirmed Type One or Two, it would be much easier to deal with the morning highs.