Nicknames for pumps

CarysMia2711

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. I'm getting a Pump in a week and I wanted to give it a nick name but I'm not sure what to name it. What do you call your and how did you come up with it?

Reactions: himtoo and Snapsy

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
For years before I got my pump, I KNEW the name I would call it - it's the name of the ward sister who was just so, so amazing when I was diagnosed aged 11. THAT was going to be the name.

But actually, I just call it my pump.
My Libre reader is called 'my bipper'.
And my sensor is a 'Smartie'.

Mr S calls my pump and its accoutrements as 'your disability aid' but ONLY in jest, and only because that's what the insurance company categorised it as when he rang them to get it covered!

The kit and caboodle I carry round with me is what we call my 'life support system'.

All sorts of names for all sorts of things. On a bad day though, most of them have the same name - one syllable, starting with the sixth letter of the alphabet.

;):rolleyes::)

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Hi. I'm getting a Pump in a week and I wanted to give it a nick name but I'm not sure what to name it.

Your nickname for the pump will depend on how well you get on with it...........lol

Seriously though I'm sure you'll be fine and it will be the best thing that's happen to you for a while, I've not got a nickname for mine as I'm not imaginative enough.

Hope all goes well :)

Reactions: himtoo and Snapsy

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
on a good day -- I don't have a nickname

on a bad day like yesterday ------------------ any four letter word starting with f ,s , or t did nicely.

( cannula ripped off an hour after a change !!:eek: )

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi. I'm getting a Pump in a week and I wanted to give it a nick name but I'm not sure what to name it. What do you call your and how did you come up with it?

All my pumps have had names :)

I choose a theme and stick to it fot consecutive pumps. So you can eithe choose something related to the pump, or randomly choose a topic you like eg a favourite book or film, etc etc, and then name them from that.

ce81ar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
My pump is called 'Tam', short for tamagotchi. It got it's name when it was switched on at my first pump session and then left in it's box for a week as we weren't connecting up until the next session a week later. My husband works from home and after a few days complained that all he could hear were beeps and buzzes from the box and that it sounded like a '******* tamagotchi'. The name stuck!

ManthaK

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
My first pump was named Chandler, after Chandler from "F.R.I.E.N.D.S." and my Enlite sensor was called Roger, from "American Dad".
Now that I got a new pump and sensor, it's Louise (from the show "Bob's Burgers") and Rick (from "Rick and Morty"). I love choosing names based on my favorite tv show characters!

phdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My pump is called Pumpy McPumpface, or Pumpy for short. My dexcom is called Dex. My lancing device is called Stabby Stick.

Reactions: Sweetheart66

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I call my pump "Pancreas on my belt" or when I have just ripped my cannula out just after a set change "B@@@@@D" in an extremely loud voice!!! or on most days I don't call it anything its just "There" sat there, watching me, Always!!! a bit like my dogs LOL

Reactions: Sweetheart66