Brodiebear

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabeties
Hi All,

Type 2 diabetic, recently visited doctors and she said my levels were too high so added another tablet to take in the morning ( along with max dose of Metformin twice a day, she did say i may get a bit dizzy feel drunk, etc). Went back to doctors a week ago as was getting very bad night sweats, woke up with legs covered in sweat. He checked my last blood test and couldn't see why i had been prescribed this extra tablet as levels were in range, (trust this doctor as he first diagnosed my diabetes) he gave me a blood test monitor so i could check my levels if i had another sweaty episode. Last night woke with sweat covered legs so took a reading, i was expecting it to be very low and hypo, but it was 11.8 mmol/l instead. Anyone have similar findings ?

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I'm not a type 2 but I will 'bump' your post up the forum in the hope that you get a reply.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I went through a bad patch with my eating a few weeks ago (became obsessed with crisps for some strange reason). I woke up with sweaty legs several nights in a row.

Wish I had thought to test my blood sugar at the time (1am). Never made the connection - now I'm kicking myself!

georgina1977

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,
I also had a sweaty nights before I am sure because I had high blood sugar levels but when I started to use the long lasting insulin ( lantus) before I go to bed it is not happening anymore. My sugar level is a same in the morning than the last one in the evening. Lantus insulin keeps me on the same level all night. x

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
i am also kicking myself, i regular wake up in the night soaked, i have to throw the pillow off the bed for a fresh one, its litterally soaking, it happened the other night again and wife said what was your bloods like? it never crossed my mind to even check all the times its happened :banghead: my bg is always in good range so i doubt it would be high or low though, but how silly not to put the two things together huh

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Slightly off topic (apologies)

I am now also wondering about dreams. Stress/adrenalin always affects my blood sugar. So can bad dreams -> adrenalin -> blood sugar fluctuations? Or is it the other way around? Blood sugar blips -> bad dreams?

I so rarely remember my dreams, waking up in the night, sweating + vivid dream = may be an obvious sign that something is up!

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

chris9996

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Vegetables
Could perhaps be start of autonomic neuropathy. I have suffered for the last 3 years from severe sweating problems, only affects my head, face and neck down my back to my thighs. Used to only be night-time, but now its anytime and most of the time. It looks like I have just had a shower and haven't dried myself. My bg have been good and bad, didn't make any difference.
Glad your GP is listening to you.

Reactions: 2 people

NotSoSweet2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rudeness, tv soaps.
Thanks that reassured me and answers my question. I have been experiencing the same thing, I wouldn't say night sweats more like burning or overheating all down my left side, mostly neck, back etc. quite worrying as I have pain in my leg too.

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi. I'm a type 2 diabetic and have been suffering with night sweats and then having a high blood sugar reading 11.8 in the morning. Otherwise my control is good

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

NotSoSweet2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rudeness, tv soaps.
Mine seem to have settled down now and I am almost certain that it was due to my very high blood sugar levels. I hope you get your's under control soon :)
Hi. I'm a type 2 diabetic and have been suffering with night sweats and then having a high blood sugar reading 11.8 in the morning. Otherwise my control is good

NotSoSweet2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rudeness, tv soaps.
Lainey I started sprinkling cinnamon on my cereals and it had amazing results, brought my blood sugar levels down considerably, I don't know if it would work for you because everybody is different but it's all natural so it is worth a try. How are you now?

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi NotSoSweet2 for the past few nights iv not had any sweats and my blood glucose is much better in the morning. Iv bought some cinnamon and am going to try it in my cereal. I'm willing to try anything. Do you put it on anything else? Yoghurt maybe?

NotSoSweet2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rudeness, tv soaps.
Hi Lainey, That is great news, so pleased for you. Yes I put cinnamon in my yoghurts and/or drinks i.e. tea etc. Let us know if it helps! x

M&AQueen

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Could perhaps be start of autonomic neuropathy. I have suffered for the last 3 years from severe sweating problems, only affects my head, face and neck down my back to my thighs. Used to only be night-time, but now its anytime and most of the time. It looks like I have just had a shower and haven't dried myself. My bg have been good and bad, didn't make any difference.
Glad your GP is listening to you.
Totally in support of Chris - my sugars are crazy high and I too look as if I've come from a shower - exceptionally embarrassing - but I've noticed reading makes no difference - however lack of air circulation, regardless of temperature, can cause this to kick in at any time - I literally poor with sweat from head and neck - with everything saturated to a point that I have to keep multiple changes of clothes at work. Don't discount other causes - it is very very easy to assume that everything ties into diabetes or drugs being taken. There are a number of other conditions which can cause extreme sweating, so please make sure this is investigated thoroughly.

yarnspinners

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I am type2 and suffer from the same problem of night sweats which spoils the quality of sleep apart from anything else. Everything I have read points to this being the result of a nightime hypo but invariably when I test during these episodes my BS is high. I've never really seen an explanation for this or indeed any remedy.