No excuse I suppose but feeling ill

HEG

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had a cold this week! getting fresh veg etc and no taste the carbs have gone up. Feeling sorry for myself now after giving in to a Macdonalds complete with chips (something that I loved pre diagnosis) brought home by my son. Now feeling guilty with a result of 14.5! Not sure if I need a hug or telling off for breaking a good dietary habit.

kittypoker

Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I had a cold this week! getting fresh veg etc and no taste the carbs have gone up. Feeling sorry for myself now after giving in to a Macdonalds complete with chips (something that I loved pre diagnosis) brought home by my son. Now feeling guilty with a result of 14.5! Not sure if I need a hug or telling off for breaking a good dietary habit.

You need a hug! This isn't a terrible thing as long as it is only a one-off. Your son needs a bit of a telling off for tempting you and sounds like you need the have 'the talk' about the consequences of uncontrolled diabetes.

You're good, no long-term probs. Your attitude is first class.

miahara

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
A smack on the hand and a hug :joyful:
Falling off the waggon once in a while will do no lasting harm and a little bit of what you fancy now and then isn't a major crime.

daisyduck

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Aww, sending you a hug. We all need to be a little naughty sometimes.
I'm being ultra good at the moment as we're off to Spain for 10 days in May and I'm planning a few naughties then :) I can't not have an ice cold San Miguel ! or melon at breakfast.
I've got a hospital check up the day after we come back so I'll have the blood test done before I go ;)

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @HEG , have a hug! Happens to us all. We're human as well as diabetic!

Don't beat yourself up about it - there's no need. Today's another day - just crack on!

:):):)

Reactions: Angelofthemarches

HEG

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks guys it was a down sort of stuff it moment and the hugs are lovely. If you see my other threads my husband is just diagnosed and I'm trying to set a good example but with the cold (feeling much better today) my husband was giving me the so the veg doesn't help look.

He's trying but he has never been a veg man apart from chips! Some of what I advise is getting through. He has given up sandwiches for salad bowl, water instead of red bull. He was told he has a fatty liver so he is giving up/ reducing alcohol. Cuts Down salt as he has kidney stones so a lot to contend with. So I get a cold and fall apart made me very guilty.

So thanks again, I'm glad I have a place to just say how I feel. X

AM1874

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not much
Hi @ HEG
Here's a hug
hug.png
.. and here's another
hug.png

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
He's trying but he has never been a veg man apart from chips! Some of what I advise is getting through. He has given up sandwiches for salad bowl.
As a compromise, there are alternatives like Lidl high protein rolls (see numerous threads on the forum!) , and lots of low carb bread and bun recipes and even some easy bake bread mixes available. They may not be quite the same as "real" bread but they can fill a gap!

Robbity

Robbity

Reactions: JohnEGreen

EA_sport

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
diagnosed in december 1991 ! Just relax ... my sugar level sometimes goes up to 32 after good partys ! =) hers a HUG !

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It might seem an odd combination, but a large beefburger with onion rings plus a Lidl protein roll full of coleslaw and salad leaf is quite a decent meal.