None invasive Epic Health app

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
This might be a method of measurement by passing light through your finger.....

DunePlodder

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
"The App works by a user placing a fingertip over the camera lens of their smartphone; a series of images are then taken which allows the app to accurately figure out information about the user’s blood flow. The images are then sent to the cloud for analysis and, from this, it is able to provide an accurate account of a user’s vitals, including their blood sugar levels."
There's no mention of a back light which would seem logical.

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I cant see how an image taken by the camera would provide a blood glucose level....

I wont pretend to understand how the light method works either but I have read about similar technologies....

will be watching this closely....;)

Reactions: CarolineSugar

TheBigNewt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Fake news. It can gauge O2 saturation, heart rate. Can't imagine blood sugar.

Grumpy ole thing

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
discovering you cant actually turn the stairs round, or move the roof...
https://epichealth.io/

(This had me checking to make sure it wasn't April 1st)
Their none invasive phone app for bg testing is almost ready for Alpha testing.

Thanks for the link @DunePlodder , have you signed up for the alpha testing? I wonder what the cost will be if it goes ahead and whether it will be comparable to such as the Libre Freestyle?

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for the link @DunePlodder , have you signed up for the alpha testing? I wonder what the cost will be if it goes ahead and whether it will be comparable to such as the Libre Freestyle?
It's an app. There would have to be a subscription or time expiring licence to get a revenue stream. However even if they adopt these models, there is no manufacturing cost as with Libre so I'd be very surprised of it were anywhere close to their costs.

I've signed up. What's to lose in trialing it?

Reactions: Grumpy ole thing

DunePlodder

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Is anyone on this forum amongst the 500 Alpha testers of this app? If so can you give us any feedback or is it not allowed?