Nose bleed

m786xxx

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi there I have had nose bleed 3 times past two months and it's always the right nostril can that be something serious? I am a diabetic type 1, I do also have hay fever problem and take citrizine for it.. I also had my hb1ca done 3 weeks ago... Everything seemed cleared

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Nosebleeds..not really going to be linked to hba1c.

I get a lot of them when stressed. That's probably not a good thing though! My brother used to suffer them daily as a young adult fromworking with flour making bread.

Only instances I know, wld think easy enough to google..

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I get them regularly too. Have done since I was a child, long before diabetes appeared.

They come in "clusters". I'll have multiple in say 3 weeks.... Then nothing for a few months

Blogging at drivendiabetic.wordpress.com

Reactions: Philb69

debbiiee

Nose bleed or epistaxis can occur due to multiple factors. Diabetes is one of the least common systemic cause of nasal bleeding. Bleeding disorders due to any clotting factor deficiency can also be a reason. There are plenty of common ear nose throat problems like sinusitis, polyp etc. And hypertension may also be a cause. If it causes u much concern, then please check it with ur doctor.