Not a place for type 1 support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anaelena

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
When I first got here I posted on a forum and was later told to post type 1 issues in the type 1 forums . So I thought the type 1 forums were for type 1 issues ? I don't know why some here continue with their personal attacks . It would be nice to be in a place where people may disagree but not personally attack me . I guess they should change the name to ...type 1 forum , please no comments from type 1s. Smh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people

LisaMcintyre

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Nothing wrong with people with type 1 if you don't have anything nice to say about us please keep your opinions to yourself

Anaelena

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
So far , everything I post gets bashed . I don't get it .

M

mrspuddleduck

Oh @Anaelena, please don't take this as a 'bashing'. You post quite controversial topics so of course people will agree, disagree and get passionate about it. It's not personal, at least I've never seen anything personal in the replies to any if your threads. (But then I'm a hard skinned old bag! :D:D)
I truely believe that without being face to face its hard to read or interpret the emotions and meanings of what is sometimes said in writing. That coupled with the forum style where people don't stop to consider the endless possible interpretations of the words, its akin to a quick fire round in a radio competition! In fact the most successful threads on the forum are the ones that have this quick response because many people enjoy the opportunity of putting their views across. Often views that for many reasons can't or aren't expressed anywhere else. So if your opinion is questioned, or disagreed with, its not 'bashing', its debate - admittedly sometimes a little near the knuckle, but still good old healthy debate. Sue xx

Reactions: 7 people

Anaelena

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Oh @Anaelena, please don't take this as a 'bashing'. You post quite controversial topics so of course people will agree, disagree and get passionate about it. It's not personal, at least I've never seen anything personal in the replies to any if your threads. (But then I'm a hard skinned old bag! :D:D)
I truely believe that without being face to face its hard to read or interpret the emotions and meanings of what is sometimes said in writing. That coupled with the forum style where people don't stop to consider the endless possible interpretations of the words, its akin to a quick fire round in a radio competition! In fact the most successful threads on the forum are the ones that have this quick response because many people enjoy the opportunity of putting their views across. Often views that for many reasons can't or aren't expressed anywhere else. So if your opinion is questioned, or disagreed with, its not 'bashing', its debate - admittedly sometimes a little near the knuckle, but still good old healthy debate. Sue xx

I would agree with you . Except in that forum I was called a snob , pretentious and illogical . I guess debate to me is more civil and factual , rather than personal .

M

mrspuddleduck

I would agree with you . Except in that forum I was called a snob , pretentious and illogical . I guess debate to me is more civil and factual , rather than personal .

Hey, you're talking to the woman who is regularly called an anorexic drunk (see the other thread!), you have to let it go and laugh!!. There is a grand old British tradition called winding people up - the more you bite........;) . !!!!!! Sue xxxx

Anaelena

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hey, you're talking to the woman who is regularly called an anorexic drunk (see the other thread!), you have to let it go and laugh!!. There is a grand old British tradition called winding people up - the more you bite........;) . !!!!!! Sue xxxx

Yeah I am too sick for all this . I come for support if I can't get it ... Meh . Sad state of affairs if people can't support a sister ,

Anaelena

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1438280044.348257.jpg

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Scream thread serves a purpose.

Reactions: 6 people
M

mrspuddleduck

@Anaelena , In my real life I too am very I'll. I love the banter on this forum because its the only place where there are people who really get it. We don't know each other and that's why it works. We can laugh, cry, shout, scream because its safe - and because no one is looking at me thinking they have to be careful what they say to the poor old cripple. And if it gets a bit hairy we can just switch off for a while. Have a look around at some of the other threads, at the problems and issues that people have to face, its amazing the support that's here. Bottom line, this place helps me feel normal when quite often the rest of the world doesn't Sue xxxx

Reactions: 7 people

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yeah I am too sick for all this . I come for support if I can't get it ... Meh . Sad state of affairs if people can't support a sister ,
You appear to be chasing your own tail.. Why not take a deep breath & slow down on this subject?
My offer of discussion via PM still stands. & I promise I won't "bash". Whatever that means in your part of the world? :D

Reactions: 8 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Anaelena

I stopped posting on your threads when I realised that you habitually choose divisive and controversial subject matter.

To me, the forum is a very supportive place. I see every type of diabetic getting remarkable support and information.

Maybe we each see a reflection of what we bring here.

Reactions: 9 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It's a shame the other thread has been removed, because it might have been useful for you to have been able to re-read iti in the cold light of day, tomorrow.

Reactions: 6 people

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
I haven't been able to find any posts or threads that justify treating @Anaelena badly. From what I have read, she has made reasonable comments from her own experience and did not intend to criticise anyone. I hope she sticks around and I look forward to hearing what she has to say.

Reactions: 5 people
Status
Not open for further replies.