The video version has now been posted on the LowCarb Downunder channel:

Reactions: Salvia

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Got my copy.. surprise, surprise.. just have to read it now...

Reactions: bkr

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Is it new and useful stuff, or a rehash of his Obesity Code?
Haven't read it yet but will let you know once I have. Hopefully it will shine a light on exactly what he recommends for fasting which he always seems bit reticent about when he speaks.

Reactions: Brunneria

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hummph !! :mad: Where did you get yours from @bulkbiker? I pre-ordered mine from Amazon ages ago. Their latest info tells me it won't be available till mid-November. Wonder what's going on ..........:confused:

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I bought the kindle version from amazon UK £8.99 rather than £15.63

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
On second thoughts, ignore the above @bulkbiker, sorry. I just read the Jason Fung blog and it says the book is available in Canada and USA at the moment - so obviously it's a roll-out. Makes sense.

OOps, sorry again bb - your second post wasn't showing for me when I just posted this. I don't have kindle (really must treat myself for Christmas) :) Many thanks for your info.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Is it new and useful stuff, or a rehash of his Obesity Code?
Did a bit of a speed read this afternoon.
It's quite a bit of a different beast from the Obesity code. Much less science and more advice (most of it we have probably gleaned from the videos but its good to have in one place). A bit of padding and probably one or two chapters that are really useful. To sum up. They reckon that for Type 2's slightly extended fasts are the best 42 hours they reckon are a sweet spot i.e. dinner one night then nothing the next day then lunch the day after a couple of times a week and 7-14 day fasts for more immediate results on lowering blood sugar. Some thoughts on the best time to eat for Type 2's which they reckon could be lunch rather than dinner (apparently more insulin resistance in the evening maybe up to 25%). Lots of bits by "Fasting Heroes" Dr Seyfried for example and some others. I would say a great book for beginner fasters and people wanting to know more about the science. For those of us who have watched most of his videos less use but a nice to have if you have a few spare quid and want to support the great man himself. The Jimmy Moore introductory paragraph is almost word for word the video that Indy posted above. Not sure what else he added.

Reactions: Brunneria

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks! I have some time next week. May just download it. :)

Mismax

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have a copy too. I pre-ordered a few months ago when the Canadian version was on an Amazon deal. I knew it was due for release in October and having had a stressful summer for one reason or another, I hoped it would arrive in time to prompt me to get my backside in gear and start fasting properly and not just skipping breakfast.

I agree with the comments above, there is a lot of padding. After all, what can you really write about a diet approach that involves just not eating?! He sums it up himself when he says that the approach can be described in 2 sentences!

However, and this is a HUGE however, I think this simple approach could be so revolutionary that it needs to be in a book format worthy of it's potential impact to be taken seriously. It clears up a lot of the finicky little questions, like what exactly is a fast and explains enough of the science to be helpful without being complicated.

I would recommend picking up a copy!