Novolog vs Humalog

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Has anyone used both and which do you prefer? Did you find them to be different?
My insurance company wants me to switch to humalog. Maddening!

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you Robert. The issue I have is I only take 1/2 unit with meals and I'm scared haha. I need them to be very close to identical.
Did you feel different ? Some day one or the other caused reactions. Sometimes I wonder if novolog does with me but I'm afraid to change

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It didn't alter my ratios at all and the action curves are very similar. I would be far more worried if I was changing basal as they vary considerably in both dose and action time.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks a ton. Puts my mind at ease. I assume humalog comes in half units. At least I hope

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The HumaPen Luxura HD appears to be a half unit pen

Brihaze

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
being pushed into technology
Thank you Robert. The issue I have is I only take 1/2 unit with meals and I'm scared haha. I need them to be very close to identical.
Did you feel different ? Some day one or the other caused reactions. Sometimes I wonder if novolog does with me but I'm afraid to change
I change from 1 to the other every 2 to 3 years but can't detect any difference in peaking or duration

Brihaze

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
being pushed into technology
I change from 1 to the other every 2 to 3 years but can't detect any difference in peaking or duration
I believe Novolog is producing a new faster insulin with much shorter duration which I am looking forward to trying when it's released