Novopen

Peppergirl

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My novopen 3, which I can't even remember how long I've had it, is on the blink. Didn't even realise there was a novopen echo...ordered a red one. I need to get one on prescription too. The panic when I thought it was broken...not sure I've got a spare.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. Yes, I've got one of each and the Echo is nice as it does 1/2 units. I have spare one I bought off eBay for emergencies

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi. Yes, I've got one of each and the Echo is nice as it does 1/2 units. I have spare one I bought off eBay for emergencies
Why on earth didn't you just ask for a spare on prescription? I would think that would be a lot safer than eBay.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Why on earth didn't you just ask for a spare on prescription? I would think that would be a lot safer than eBay.
Hi. I could have done. The eBay one was a good price and unopened and appears genuine. I don't think I would buy the cartridges on eBay but they need a prescription anyway.

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I personally favoured disposable.........not so good for the landfill situation I suppose...

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I love my food echo and NEED the half units.
I have one on spare as well off prescription. I have had issues with the read out part of your last dose but the company happily replaces it. It's happened twice in two years. I like the read out part but the other functions never failed.

As far as I could tell the echo seems more consistent I dosing than the disposable. My ode is usually 1/2 and food the same so I need the echo. Always good to have back up everything for times you drop your meter in the toilet!!! Yes, at an elegant function I tested in the bathroom and plunk!!! So now of course I have back ups of everything.

Reactions: Peppergirl

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
My novopen 3, which I can't even remember how long I've had it, is on the blink. Didn't even realise there was a novopen echo...ordered a red one. I need to get one on prescription too. The panic when I thought it was broken...not sure I've got a spare.

Time allowing, if you pop along to your local hospital diabetes clinic they'll give you a pen @Peppergirl , the NovoPen Echo is a fantastic pen with the added benefit of having the memory facility, probably the best pen I've used.

But always keep back-up pens, same with a bg meter as they can break as you've discovered.

Reactions: Peppergirl

Dodo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My diabetic clinic not only prescribes a spare but recommends that you have it replaced every 2-3 years. I also agree that the Echo is the best pen so far, as I use the half units and memory function for most of my injections.

Peppergirl

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for the replies. The Nov open is working for now. I went along to my GP to order either a Novopen echo or 5. Receptionist said it would be passed to the medicine manager. Hopefully get the prescription tomorrow. Not sure about the diabetes clinic at the hospital. When they switched me to tresiba this had to go through the GP. I am unaware of a drop in. I think I'll email the DN directly, see what happens.

Peppergirl

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Due to collect two pens tomorrow morning from the diabetic clinic after a quick email earlier. Bit surprised it was so easy. Wish I could bypass the GP all the time...