Now off medication!

Nicksu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grumpy bosses!
Well its official! Following my appointment with the dietician yesterday who reviewed my readings, I can now officially go off Gliclizide meaning I do not have to take any more meds and be diet controlled only! As she said, because of the weight loss I will be more insulin sensitive which accounts for my too low readings of sometimes 3.8 on a morning. My first reading today following no meds last night was 4.8 which is more acceptable.

Yippeee! Now I only have to shift the rest of the other 2½ stone I need to lose. I've lost 2½ already.

Shall we say well chuffed?! And its all been done in 4½ months.

:):):):D:D:D

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Well its official! Following my appointment with the dietician yesterday who reviewed my readings, I can now officially go off Gliclizide meaning I do not have to take any more meds and be diet controlled only! As she said, because of the weight loss I will be more insulin sensitive which accounts for my too low readings of sometimes 3.8 on a morning. My first reading today following no meds last night was 4.8 which is more acceptable.

Yippeee! Now I only have to shift the rest of the other 2½ stone I need to lose. I've lost 2½ already.

Shall we say well chuffed?! And its all been done in 4½ months.

:):):):D:D:D
I'm delighted for you. Well done.
Remind me again did you need to do any liver blocks to achieve lower bgs too?

Reactions: wiseowl_123

Nicksu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grumpy bosses!
Nope - just low carbing and walking (usually 30 to 45 mins a day).

Reactions: Prem51

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Well done on coming of the meds @Nicksu! Great bs and weight reductions, keep up the good work! :)

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done youkeep it up. Great encouragement for us all to get there too.

Nicksu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grumpy bosses!
Thanks for all your encouragement. I was fully prepared to be given the whole "you should eat more carbs" when I saw the dietician but absolutely none of it. She just went through my diet with me, downloaded my results from my monitor and then went through that too before saying that she thought I could come off the Gliclizade. Nice to not have a battle with the medical profession! Maybe they are beginning to change the official line? Who knows, either way, it was a pleasant end to the day.:)

carol43

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Congratulations, keep up the good work

Nicksu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grumpy bosses!
Thanks for all your kind words. I'm gradually coming off the Gliclizade - just dropping the evening dose for this week and then will start to drop the morning dose after that. Morning levels so far have been in the mid 4's so it looks as if I'm okay so far.