nuts

C

catherinecherub

Nuts are OK weaver but limit them if you are trying to lose weight. Walnuts, almonds, macadamia are lovely.

timo2

Dislikes
Glycemic excursions
Hi weaver,

I'd like to add pecans and pine nuts to catherine's list. All of the above are chocked full of goodness.

Enjoy.

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
I eat plenty - & use ground almonds in'porridge' 'bread' & 'cake.' No problems.

You should ask why not nuts? There might be a reason for you.

weaver

i am not trying to lose weight i am very lean and do a lot of cardio and weight training how about plain peanuts are they ok?

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
weaver said:
i am not trying to lose weight i am very lean and do a lot of cardio and weight training how about plain peanuts are they ok?

Peanuts & cashews have more carb (18%) than true nuts (7%) so may affect your control if you gorge on them. I mix them.

I suspect the reason for advising against nuts is because of their high fat content, but the fat is mainly mono. There are myths out there - even among the medical profession. If you hear anything strange, ask why.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
PickledPepper said:
You guys must try pumpkin seeds also. Although not officially a nut, it is a tasty source of unsaturated fat.

Your right PP, I just love pumpkin seeds, always have them on my breakfast cereal and occasionally snack on a handful between meals! :)

Nigel

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
henry1110 said:
can u buy the pumpkin seedswithout buying the pumpkin
tia

Yes you can Tia, I find the Organic seeds from Holland & Barrett have a nice deep nutty taste to them! :)

Nigel