O why does this happen

James1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Bg at 06:10 11.5 than just tested again at 08:15 and it's 15.9 (why)
only had 3 cups of white tea with sweetener
Just don't understand

D

Deleted Account

Sounds very much like liver dump or dawn phenomenon: our liver dumps glucose into our blood to "help" us wake up and get on with the life of the day.

James1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Sounds very much like liver dump or dawn phenomenon: our liver dumps glucose into our blood to "help" us wake up and get on with the life of the day.

Ok but I will see if my BG comes down with not eating for a couple of hours

Thanks

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
I would add that the milk in the tea could be a contributing factor as well as the DP ( dawn phenomenon )

edit -- unless you mean "white" tea -- I think that is the quite expensive stuff popular in London tea rooms these days -- if so - forget my milk comment :)

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sweetener has been known to raise BGs in some people too. It doesn't do that to me but I have other bad side effects so tend not to use them.

I have a couple of cups of tea with whole goat's milk every morning and I find that's enough to stop liver dump happening. Yep, we're all different and need to experiment with what's best for us personally.

James1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Sweetener has been known to raise BGs in some people too. It doesn't do that to me but I have other bad side effects so tend not to use them.

I have a couple of cups of tea with whole goat's milk every morning and I find that's enough to stop liver dump happening. Yep, we're all different and need to experiment with what's best for us personally.

Thanks i will stop using sweetener to see if that makes any difference

James1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I would add that the milk in the tea could be a contributing factor as well as the DP ( dawn phenomenon )

edit -- unless you mean "white" tea -- I think that is the quite expensive stuff popular in London tea rooms these days -- if so - forget my milk comment :)
Just normal tea

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
Bg at 06:10 11.5 than just tested again at 08:15 and it's 15.9 (why)

As already mentioned, probably liver dump. I have read several suggestions as to how to switch it off, a small snack before bed or as soon as you wake up. It's something that you might like to Google, there's so many ideas to try. I do find that small snacks seem to help.

James1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
As already mentioned, probably liver dump. I have read several suggestions as to how to switch it off, a small snack before bed or as soon as you wake up. It's something that you might like to Google, there's so many ideas to try. I do find that small snacks seem to help.

Thanks I will have a look