Off my feet again...

leslie10152

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance
Leslie - I know this will be very much against your natural preferences, but sometimes less really is more.

Look after yourself, and don't rush back. It'll all still be there when you're ready to re-enter the fray.

I hope you're feeling better soon.
Well said.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
If I was your godmother @leslie10152 I'd use my magic wand to dispel your lingering virus.
Mine just a head cold. I too did too much yesterday and today, in bed. No energy for anything but keeping painkillers topped up. Hoping for a better 2nd half of my day. Bgs are in 5s so not bgs.
Just old age. Ha ha
Had 4 appointments yesterday. By the time an hour into 2hr training eatwell at hospital I was wavering. Left absolutely knackered and stumbled home. No rest for wicked as kids had missed me. No sleep til 6pm instead of afternoon nap. One appointment nearly got missed so had to pay for a taxi to be in time. I just cannot guarantee my time keeping lately. Breathing my biggest hurdle, even on extra reliever. Told twice yesterday that they can see my weight loss now. I beamed from ear to ear. :) :) :)
These little pleasures are keeping me going.
Still have the neighbour from hell but picking up small claims court form and leaflet on monday. ;)

Keep smiling. At least they will get to the bottom of it for you.
Keep us updated. Hugs from me.

Reactions: Freema

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope you find your old fighter will again , keep posting and get the support mentally from People in here . I Think diabetes is sometimes like riding a dragon. Not much reward But plenty of struggle and for some pain and suffering

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Lets hope you are back on your feet again soon and up and running. :)

leslie10152

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance
Woke up this morning with a bgl of 13.5. A massive headache, ribs too sore to cough and every joint in my body full of ground glass. I was lucky to get 3 hours sleep. I grow weary of this.

Tony337

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being on holiday....
Leslie
A bit left field this question but is there a story behind your avatar picture?

Tony

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Yes. How are you this morning mate?
Those higher bgs always make me feel worse, never better. Kick them up the jaksy! For me.
Virus illness is poop. Just remember it eventually does one. Nothing lasts forever.
It will go and you'll be back to your supportive self. ;)

leslie10152

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance
If I was your godmother @leslie10152 I'd use my magic wand to dispel your lingering virus.
Mine just a head cold. I too did too much yesterday and today, in bed. No energy for anything but keeping painkillers topped up. Hoping for a better 2nd half of my day. Bgs are in 5s so not bgs.
Just old age. Ha ha
Had 4 appointments yesterday. By the time an hour into 2hr training eatwell at hospital I was wavering. Left absolutely knackered and stumbled home. No rest for wicked as kids had missed me. No sleep til 6pm instead of afternoon nap. One appointment nearly got missed so had to pay for a taxi to be in time. I just cannot guarantee my time keeping lately. Breathing my biggest hurdle, even on extra reliever. Told twice yesterday that they can see my weight loss now. I beamed from ear to ear. :) :) :)
These little pleasures are keeping me going.
Still have the neighbour from hell but picking up small claims court form and leaflet on monday. ;)

Keep smiling. At least they will get to the bottom of it for you.
Keep us updated. Hugs from me.
Òn the mend, this is a particularly severe form of influenza.

leslie10152

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance
Hope you find your old fighter will again , keep posting and get the support mentally from People in here . I Think diabetes is sometimes like riding a dragon. Not much reward But plenty of struggle and for some pain and suffering
He who rides the tiger, can never dismount.

Reactions: cott97 and Freema

leslie10152

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance
After 2 months of this, I have reached the peak and am now on the mend. Special thanks to the forum team for all your help and support. Could not have done this alone.:hungover:
:arghh::banghead:

Reactions: cott97

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Glad to hear you're starting to feel better :)

pamK

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Leslie it's a bummer when we get things we cant control But pleased you are on the mend Take care hugs

Scott Norby

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@leslie10152 Oh man, sounds pretty brutal, brother. I hope you're moving past it. I'll keep you in my prayers. Please keep us posted on your progress.