One of my embarrassing moments....

Pollylocks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many.
.......I stood there with my parcel at the end of a long queue in the Post Office.......when I finally reached the counter, the man who was serving said to me 'Hi how's it going..?'

I looked around, yes he was definitely talking to me......I didn't know him but thought he must mistakenly think I did, so I said 'Im fine thanks, how are you..?

With a smirk on his face, he said to me 'Your parcel luv, your PARCEL.....is it going first or second class...?'

Cue for everyone to start laughing ~ I could've sunk through the floor.....:oops:

Reactions: 15 people

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
awwww lol thats funny, nevermind :)

reminds me of this joke....

The other day I needed to pay a visit to the public toilet, so I found a public toilet that had two cubicles.

One of the doors was locked. So I went into the other one, closed the door, dropped my trousers and sat down.

A voice came from the cubicle next to me: "Hello mate, how are you doing?"

Although I thought that it was a bit strange, I didn't want to be rude, so I replied, "Not too bad, thanks."

After a short pause, I heard the voice again. "So, what are you up to?"

Again I answered, somewhat reluctantly, "Just having a quick poo..... How about yourself?"

The next thing I heard him say was, "Sorry, mate, I'll have to call you back. I've got some weirdo in the cubicle next to me answering everything I say."

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 10 people

Pollylocks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many.
Ha ha thats funny! Just the sort of thing that I'd do......not that I go into the Gents...:happy:

Reactions: 4 people

lizzibuzz

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Insulin
awwww lol thats funny, nevermind :)

reminds me of this joke....

The other day I needed to pay a visit to the public toilet, so I found a public toilet that had two cubicles.

One of the doors was locked. So I went into the other one, closed the door, dropped my trousers and sat down.

A voice came from the cubicle next to me: "Hello mate, how are you doing?"

Although I thought that it was a bit strange, I didn't want to be rude, so I replied, "Not too bad, thanks."

After a short pause, I heard the voice again. "So, what are you up to?"

Again I answered, somewhat reluctantly, "Just having a quick poo..... How about yourself?"

The next thing I heard him say was, "Sorry, mate, I'll have to call you back. I've got some weirdo in the cubicle next to me answering everything I say."

That actually happened to me once… D:

Pollylocks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many.
....people at work always laugh at me as I constantly put my foot in it, I never believe them when they say I'm daffy, how dare they lol, but I can see the funny side of it afterwards.....

....a couple of hundred times a day I say 'Good Morning Saga Group, how can I help' [work on the switchboard].....I'm so used to it, its automatic, that I said it to the driver on the bus when I got on instead of asking for my ticket.......he must have thought we've got a right nutter here....

......another time I was reading a mag at work and not really concentrating and said 'Good Morning Saga Group, how can I read'.....my colleague was laughing and thought I'd done it deliberately but I hadn't.......I blamed it on the diabetes, said it affects my mind [!], was easier......:p

...anyone else had embarrassing moments, please say I'm not the only one....

Last edited by a moderator:

Negi

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes
this is a recent one...........it was my birthday.....so these two guys and my girlfriend came to my house to surprise me
nobody was at home except my grandma......she gave them some snacks which only us diabetics are used to like
salty biscuits, porridge n lemonade without sugar of course......so these two guys started eating n drinking their snacks.....the second
they touched their tongue with the food....their faces were like ewwww.........one of them said, ''do i look like a diabetic to you?''
and the other said,''i don't have diabetes bro, put some sugar in this thing''. It was so embarrasing......i was so mad at my granny that day
but my girlfriend gave good scolding to those two guys for saying all that stuff to me....that felt better!!!

lizzibuzz

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Insulin
@RazzleDazzleDavey yep, not quite the same as that, but the conversation went:
OTHER PERSON: Hey there
ME: ..hey..
OP: I'm just having a sh**
ME: erm..nice to know
OP: what are you up to?
ME: ..same as you..
OP: not you, you moron!
(pause)
I'm talking to the kid in the next cubicle!

Then I got creeped out, hurried up and finished and got out of there like a shot!!

Reactions: 2 people

Pollylocks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many.
..I'm not sure if this is an embarrassing moment or one of those times when you just want to laugh even though you shouldn't...

I answered a call at the switchboard at work yesterday from a man who had a very strong foreign accent, found it hard to understand him and vice versa...

Me: Good morning, how can I help?
Him: I want to speak to Rebecca.
Me:Could I have her surname.
Him: How should I know?
Me [looking it up and inwardly sighing]: We have 32 Rebeccas.
Him: No, she's definitely not 32 she sounded more like about 21.

I wanted to laugh but kept going....

Me: No, I meant we have 32 Rebeccas on the staff.
Him [crossly]: What's your name?
Me: Gerry.
Him: Why do all the rest of you have the same name?

At this point I had to put the phone on mute as I was laughing so much..we get serious phone calls but thank god for the funny ones!

Reactions: 5 people