Not having food and beer
fingers toes feet and lower legs really sore

smigger62

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not having food and beer
Not started insulin yet.got to see nurse for a decision on when to take and how much...my before tea level was down to 10,6; lowest for a couple years.when I went to bed it was 17:1 . I work nights

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Can we help you at all? It sounds like you need some help with getting some control over those numbers.

Maybe it is your diet? What sort of meals do you generally eat?

smigger62

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not having food and beer
Just yesterday...2 weetabix lunch was a tuna butty brown seed bread dinner was cous cous and fish ..in work (I do nights) 2 bananas I tangerine weight watchers shepherds pie handful of ass nuts before work bs were 10.9 lowest for ages.when I got home..before bed bs were 17,1

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just yesterday...2 weetabix lunch was a tuna butty brown seed bread dinner was cous cous and fish ..in work (I do nights) 2 bananas I tangerine weight watchers shepherds pie handful of ass nuts before work bs were 10.9 lowest for ages.when I got home..before bed bs were 17,1
A lot of that food is high in carbs....Weetabix, bread,cous cous...Bananas...the weight watchers meal.....you could try looking at the carb content on the packets....seems a lot of carbohydrates to me which will send your BG up. It could explain your high numbers...that you are having too many and maybe not realising it

smigger62

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not having food and beer
Had this type since 2006..just cant get my head around it..what I think is healthy...isn't. ..is DUST full off carbs? ? lol

Reactions: 4 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Had this type since 2006..just cant get my head around it..what I think is healthy...isn't. ..is DUST full off carbs? ? lol
At times I wonder that too lol....it does pay to read the labels....I have become a label ninja now and can spot a carb at 200 paces haha

Reactions: 2 people

smigger62

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not having food and beer
a wish I was that gl dedicated. ..I have the wrong attitude towards my health..

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
a wish I was that gl dedicated. ..I have the wrong attitude towards my health..
I think a lot do sometimes but at the end of the day ....we don't really have a choice do we?....we have to get it right or pay the price further down the line. There is so much good food you can have. You like a sandwich....most breads are a bit heavy on carbs. Lidl do a high protein roll that is both tasty and very filling and has little effect on BG...if you have a store near you it might be worth trying them....they are perfect to take to work for a meal :)

smigger62

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not having food and beer
Thanks for taking the time out to send thst email ...which rolls are they..im always on lidl

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for taking the time out to send thst email ...which rolls are they..im always on lidl
High protein rolls........distinctive by their triangular shape....sold in the fresh bake section...they are smothered in seed and dark in colour....absolutely delicious too :)

Attachments

• 20140128_183433a.jpg
    20140128_183433a.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 275