Ow! Ow! Little pr!(k, my b¥m!

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I have a TEE2 but I don't use the lancet which comes with it - looks like a medieval instrument of torture.
I use the AccuChek Fastclix lancet which came with my AccuChek Mobile meter. You can buy it seperately, but that costs almost as much as buying it with the meter..

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I have a TEE2 but I don't use the lancet which comes with it - looks like a medieval instrument of torture.
I use the AccuChek Fastclix lancet which came with my AccuChek Mobile meter. You can buy it seperately, but that costs almost as much as buying it with the meter..
I use the Fastclix as well which came with my AccuChek Nano. I always have problems getting enough blood out and have never succeeded using the side of my finger so tend to use the pads and that can be ‘hit and miss’ at times. However I don’t test much now - probably 4 mornings a week or if I’ve eaten something particularly carby. It took me 3 attempts and 2 fingers this morning to get a reading!

EliseC65_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well I’ve been going great guns now. Using side of my fingers and testing 7 times a day since Friday.
13.1 in the morning though! Then drops to 10 by bedtime. It’s early days I guess and I’ve only just doubled my metformin to 2 tablets a day (waited out stomach problems). Trying to average 30g carb and currently suffering keto flu. Meh.

Lost 1.7 kg since 30/11 and making sure I go walking for 30 mins a day.

I’m not using the pen that came with the Tee2, I got the CareFree one and I’ve changed setting to 1.5. My fingers are a bit gushy though, trying not to leave puddles lol.