Pain

Hi im new here just to say i have so much pain in both hands and they are so so cold all the time dr isnt sure if its nerve damage or somethink els just wanted to no does anyone els have this thank you

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don't know, but could you get one of those things you can heat in the microwave, it might help with the cold.

VashtiB

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello and welcome,

Are you a diabetic and if so what type- I sort of assume by your age that you are a type 1. If that is correct how are your levels going?

I'm a type 2 so probably not that helpful but there will be others soon- giving a bit more information may be helpful

Good luck- I hope you get some help with it.

Hya thank u im type 1 my sugars go hi at times due to my medication i have to take yh would be nice for some advice if anyone can help would be great thank u so much

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I had cold hands and feet utnil diagnosed with a failed thyroid and medicated for it - lovely feeling of having hands and feet in warm water after three days of supplement tablets.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
My doctor kept doing tests, really reluctantly, right up to the one where my TSH was four thousand times higher than the top end of the normal range - I don't know if the samples never got checked at all, or there was something amiss, but I was told that it is difficult to diagnose (which I thought strange as I had all the symptoms listed) It took a long time to correct, as I was in a dangerously low state by the time I was diagnosed. If you had one test went were told your thyroids OK, I'd advise checking for the symptoms, and prompting your doctor about it in future if things don't seem right.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi im new here just to say i have so much pain in both hands and they are so so cold all the time dr isnt sure if its nerve damage or somethink els just wanted to no does anyone els have this thank you

Hello there - you sound to be having a tricky time.

Do you have Diabetes, and if so, which type and how long ago were you diagnosed?

Painful, cold hands could be almost anything from, a bit of arthritis to Raynaud's to an under active thyroid, to nerve damage to an injury.

You are your doctor doesn't know what's causing it, but what is he/she doing to try to find out?