Parent of recently diagnosed T1d

Norwich1947

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hello to all. My son was diagnosed with type 1, six weeks ago. Just wondering as I am new to the forum, can I only post and ask questions in the parents section or can I also ask questions in the type1 section?? Don't want to be annoying anyone by posting where I shouldn't. Many thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Have a great day.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Norwich1947 ,

Welcome to the forum!

Feel free to ask questions where you feel the topic is appropriately applicable..
It helps greatly if you could fill in some details on the type of insulin & regime your son is prescribed.

Regards,

J>

Norwich1947

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi Jaylee.

Thank you for your welcome message.

My son is on novorapid fast acting insulin that he takes before eating meals and snacks

He is also on 10 units of slow acting insulin Levemir that he takes before bed.

His ratio for novorapid is 1unit to 20g carbs

Kind regards,

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello @Norwich1947 and welcome to the forum.

If you are looking to connect with other parents then posting in the parents section is your best bet, otherwise feel free to post in the Type 1 section, lots of parents of T1 children in the forum and we are all a friendly bunch so happy to help with any queries :)

Reactions: Norwich1947

Norwich1947

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Thank you Juicyj for your warm welcome. I am beginning to learn what a wonderful forum this is with such kind and helpful people. So glad myself and son can be part of this group

Reactions: Juicyj