Partner has diabetes

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you bluetit, I'm off there in a bit as we have to do a journey on Sunday which involves a picnic, I'm thinking he can have one of those, smoked salmon, cream cheese, maybe watercress and rocket salad (the he'll want a dessert but he's got a variety of low sugar yoghurt S in the fridge so he can take one of them, and I'll probably get some blueberries. For the evening meal I'm taking a precooked beef casserole so will do that with vegs, (no mash:(). Up to him on the dessert front, I personally won't bother. How does that sound?

That sounds fine, but try the full fat Greek yogurts (Lidl do a good one) and compare the carb content on the tubs with the ones in your fridge. The full fat Greek ones will have more calories and will fill him up better. Take some nuts and cheese with you in case he wants a snack. Have a lovely time! :)

myracat

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I found the rolls, they're the ones he's already bought before, so that's good, they're in the freezer till Sunday, and I bought a big bag of Brazil nuts, sadly didn't see this till now so yoghurt will have to go with the flow!

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Don't worry too much about this time of changing over to low carb, every single change you make will matter for him in the long run, but testing and seeing how quickly the numbers can change was actually a good thing for me - it really brought home that it was down to me to ensure my levels stayed low, to read the labels and check the portion sizes so that I made progress. It did not take long for the alterations to take effect - the second set of blood tests shocked me - see my signature. I was expecting to need a year to drop below 50, and it was an easy fix. Of course I will always be diabetic, but I chose to control it without medication. There are still temptations, but today I do not indulge in the carbs I do not need.

myracat

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Not sure how to see your signature?