Perfect Easter treat

purplepenguin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I made Chocolate and Walnut fudge from Ditch the Carbs today. I may well be in love!
As incredible as it is, I don't think I'll be making it very often as I could very well get addicted to sweetness again. I reduced the amount of sweetener the recipe said as I find everything so sweet nowadays.

Go on, make this recipe and treat yourself guilt free.

Happy Easter!!

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I made a low carb dessert for the Easter weekend - made up a sugar free jelly in a large bowl and added double cream. Turns the bright red jelly pink (and takes the edge off the sweetness). Is delicious served with a bit of added cream for an extra Easter treat! About half of it left.

akindrat18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I received a Flake Easter Egg with 3 regular sized Flake bars from winning 3rd prize in my works Easter Egg Raffle. That's my Easter treat.

purplepenguin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I made a low carb dessert for the Easter weekend - made up a sugar free jelly in a large bowl and added double cream. Turns the bright red jelly pink (and takes the edge off the sweetness). Is delicious served with a bit of added cream for an extra Easter treat! About half of it left.
Sounds wonderful!

Reactions: Goonergal

helga_t75

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Yep, I'm just about to make some low carb chocolate ganache to go with some strawberries :) Nom nom x

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This was my Easter treat:
lindt-gold-bunny-dark-100g_main_450x_467063D2C.png

I discovered he came in dark chocolate and was also on offer this week. He was supposed to wait until tomorrow to be opened, but persuaded me to unwrap him tonight. I expect I'll be regretting the temptation tomorrow as he was about 2 days worth of my carbs "allowance" :depressed::depressed: wrapped up in one neat little golden package. I can usually resist such evil, but he was much the nicest dark chocolate I've tasted, and I regularly have small pieces of the Lindt 85% cocoa dark choccie bars as low carb (and healthy!) treats.

Robbity

Hotpepper20000

This was my Easter treat:
lindt-gold-bunny-dark-100g_main_450x_467063D2C.png

I discovered he came in dark chocolate and was also on offer this week. He was supposed to wait until tomorrow to be opened, but persuaded me to unwrap him tonight. I expect I'll be regretting the temptation tomorrow as he was about 2 days worth of my carbs "allowance" :depressed::depressed: wrapped up in one neat little golden package. I can usually resist such evil, but he was much the nicest dark chocolate I've tasted, and I regularly have small pieces of the Lindt 85% cocoa dark choccie bars as low carb (and healthy!) treats.

Robbity
Did you start with the ears or the tail?;)

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Tail end as it was easier to unwrap. :D I really enjoyed the whole lot, but my glucose levels took serious exception to my whole bunny fest as I knew it would - and bit ME in the bum in return! :(:(

Robbity

Hotpepper20000

Tail end as it was easier to unwrap. :D I really enjoyed the whole lot, but my glucose levels took serious exception to my whole bunny fest as I knew it would - and bit ME in the bum in return! :(:(

Robbity
LOL it is a lot of chocolate at once.
I gave Mr Hotpepper one on Thursday for Easter. As of this morning he has been warned............the ears are mine if he doesn't hide it or eat it by the time I get back from work today.:hungry:

Pauline2015

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That sounds like old fashioned blancmange.

Used to love that

Pauline x

Reactions: Goonergal