Peripheral neuropathy

Su.

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am a 63 year old female. I have been told I don't have diabetes. However, I had the 3 month test and had a reading of 42 which I believe makes me pre diabetic. For the last 18 months I have been getting at best tingling sensations on my legs and feet which gets worse when I walk, or stand still. However, when I elevate my legs it goes away. I have had an EMG which did not show anything.

Dairygrade

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Having diabetes
Hello su welcome to the forum tingling in legs and feet can be a sign of neuropathy however it can be something else going on best thing is to make an appointment with your doctor and get checked hopefully they will find out what's going on hope this helps.all the best.

Alison Campbell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @Su. I would make an appointment to speak to the doctor about prediabetes and neuropathy. I was on google yesterday searching for prediabetes and neuropathy for another new member and there is a lot of research studies on this. Search prediabetes and neuropathy on this forum as well.

HBA1C, the average of 3 months, does not always pick up how high the blood sugar rises after meals because prediabetics can be so low at other times. That were fasting blood tests and an oral glucose tolerence test can help (see my signature).

Please try your GP again and push for more tests.

Reactions: Bluetit1802