Personal independence payment

Deespee23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
They do backdate the payment though to give them their due.
So what do they expect people to live on in the meantime? Fresh air? Absolutely disgraceful. But when Buck House needs tarting up (£350-odd million) it's "how would you like it, your Maj - £50s OK?"

Cdean8780

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Someone at work as been on about hes been on P.I.P for last year or so and gets hundreds on top of his wage. Hes type 2 diabetic and has to have dialysis.

Hes been telling a type 1 diabetic today to apply saying ill get you number its easy.

The type 1 diabetic has no mobility problems nor does he need help with cooking, bathing eating etc.

If he can then surely i can as a type2 with high blood pressure. The guy who was saying to claim it was making out just being diabetic was enough

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Someone at work as been on about hes been on P.I.P for last year or so and gets hundreds on top of his wage. Hes type 2 diabetic and has to have dialysis.

Hes been telling a type 1 diabetic today to apply saying ill get you number its easy.

The type 1 diabetic has no mobility problems nor does he need help with cooking, bathing eating etc.

If he can then surely i can as a type2 with high blood pressure. The guy who was saying to claim it was making out just being diabetic was enough
Your work friend is plain wrong - nobody will get PIP just for having any type of diabetes - complications from diabetes, (which does not include high blood pressure I'm afraid) however may get you enough points for PIP if you need considerable help with your life. It's my guess he's getting PIP ecause of the dialysis and other complications he may have not just because he's diabetic

catfan

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Too many to list.
There are quite a few comments on this thread thar well off the mark.
For a start the decision to award PIP or not is down to the DWP not Capita or anyone else.
Capita submit a report& the DWP decion maker makes the final decision. No one else.
Capita are certainly not fair with their assessment reports. Many valid points are often left off the report.
Also over 70% of appeals are won at the tribunal. So much for Capita being fair.

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
With PIP, I do feel it's a lottery whether you get it or not.

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Just posted my wife's form, she typed 20 pages of additional information explaining how her disability effects her life. Will be interesting to see the outcome as she is close to the definitions for many of the points. We included everything we may wish to use as part of the appeals process.

The key word is "reliable", it was £20 very well spent to join https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/ even if we never use them for anything other then the guild to filling in the form.

Laney66

With PIP, I do feel it's a lottery whether you get it or not.

I totally agree I have type 2. Along with other health ailments. I use a walker and am I am on the start of cataracts they took my mobility away from me plus my enhanced so am on the daily allowance part only it’s very hard as I need help