needles,
lancets,
Novorapid,
levemir
and testing strips.

Today I went to collect it and I got:
Needles,
a novopen 4 (I use a novopen echo)
And ketone strips (not compatible with my meter)

What is that all about?!? Took it back to the pharmacy. They'd left both insulin a in the fridge by mistake, but couldnt account for the pen or wrong testing strips!

They've given me a box of strips to get me through the weekend and I can pick up the rest next week. Seems ridiculous for it to go so wrong.

Naturally I found myself apologising like it was my fault though haha

amberzak

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Competitive sport. I'm more of a for fun type person.
Hi. Oh how I remember this story, though for me it was my doctors (they had their own pharmacy). I was forever getting the wrong insulin, or the wrong needles and test strips.

If its a one off, forgive them. But if this becomes habit, go somewhere new.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

amberzak

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Competitive sport. I'm more of a for fun type person.
Just to add: I was told by one pharmacist when I said I needed the insulin because I was completely out after months of screw-ups 'surely you can go without your insulin for the weekend?'

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes actually it's the doctors fault, the prescription scripts they sent to the pharmacy. No idea where the ketone strips came from as they're not on my repeat prescription at all, mine are a completely different make!

They are sorting it for me and they did give me 1 box of strips to tide me over. It's just not ideal!

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
I usualy find that these errors are due to surgery foul ups :evil:
Worst I get from my pharmacist is part of one drug is missing and needs to be pickd up next day from time of handing in :thumbup: but never left without anything, they will alwas find enough to tide over if I am Short :thumbup: :thumbup:

Keith300-01

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Strong wind
I was injecting the wrong insulin for about a week the pen looked the same as my lantus but looked at it and seen it was cloudy not clear as normal then noticed the diff name took it back and got a sorry and hoped I was still fine

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
That's awful! That's a huge mistake to make!

I live down the street from my pharmacy, so if they haven't got 1 item they stick it through my letterbox (provided its not required to stay in the fridge!)

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Pharmacy errors are quite rare. They have good checking protocols. When something goes wrong with either of our "orders", it's always been traced back to an error from the surgery.
Hana

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I wonder how the surgery can make such big errors? The prescription that goes to my Lloyds pharmacy from the surgery is computer generated from the surgery's IT system and I tick what I want repeated online. How can wrong items be added by the surgery? It sounds like they have a very 'manual' and error prone IT system? If a pharmacy makes a mistake that's considered very serious and the pharmacist can be struck off if it happens too often.

Patch13

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Luckily my current pharmacy and doctor are good but I used to have problems with one in the past. Therefore I always check a prescription when I collect it, just in case...

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Pharmacies do make mistakes, I used to work in one, but not making up prescriptions. I saw two errors by the pharmacist in my 10 months there :eek:

RRB