PHCUK 2017 Conference

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just noticed a couple of snippets on my Youtube feed. I think I recognise a few people in the audience as well as the presenters:

Any attendees want to give us the scoop?

Reactions: Guzzler

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
Eh ? That was the best name they could think of and no-one thought the acronym might undermine their efforts to be taken seriously ?

Edited by Mod

Last edited by a moderator:

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Those vids made me smile, thank you.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
There's some bald guy in the middle ... looking lovingly at Dr Fung..
He's on the left at the top of the second day picture... that's meeeee

Reactions: Indy51

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
PHCUK is not very good at getting the information out, for some reasons, even having paid to be a member and getting t shirt in the post, I did not get informed about the conference. Maybe the next one snould be included in the .diabetes.co.uk news letter when the booking opens.

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
Eh ? That was the best name they could think of and no-one thought the acronym might undermine their efforts to be taken seriously ?

Edited by Mod
Edited...seriously ?

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
This lass tells it like it is. If I had not typed dotuk instead of dotorg my experience would have mirrored hers.
What a great way of spreading the information to other people who have the condition, giving an 'In Real Life' story of success can sometimes mean more than trying to understand the vagaries of metabolism and its concommitant data analysis. I like her.

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was there as a volunteer and it was utterly inspirational. They saved Ivor unti the end and I was in awe. After almost ten years of diabetes and LCHF I realised I had not been paying as much attention to my diet as I normally do and a few unflattering photos and the speakers words and evidence put the wind in my sails again.

Every single speaker was inspirational and down to earth and Malcolm forgave me when I asked him his name to tick off the delegates list and then queried who he was because I couldn’t find it!

I’m volunteering again next year too.

https://phcuk.org/conference/

Reactions: Biggles2