Please help ..How many carbs per meal lchf diet are you eating?

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone thanks for all your detailed and kind advice. I was with my DN who told me in no uncertain terms that I should follow low fat diet. I told her about lchf diet and was told that I am on the course for amputation and blindness, she left the room spoke to a doctor came back in and apologised for being abrupt and repeated that I needed a balanced diet with carbohydrates fruit veg and that to much protein would damage my kidneys ..she then asked me where I got my info and I told her about this forum her response was its your life. I was there for repeat bloods was able to not cry until out of surgery but I couldn't believe how blinkered vision this nurse has. It however has had the opposite affect in that I went straight away bought a soup maker and have been making amazing cream of mushroom soup and following lchf diet that you all advise. I hope when I go back my bloods are down so I can prove to her that this works. It's took me a week to post this as I still upset but if it helps me stick to lchf then it's been good. Just wanted to share in case others come across negativity. Jo:)
What a stupid thing to say to a diabetic - amputation and blindness are exactly what happened to my grandmother, she used to send me to get her bottles of pop (soda) from the box in the kitchen or ask my Mum for a cup of tea for her, three sugars - her husband and son ensured that she had a plentiful supply of sweet drinks and biscuits, and all the other things high in carbs. She lasted some time, but for five years she was going into hospital and then returning to the bed in the front room, being nursed by my mother.
My low carb way of eating dropped my BG to normal levels in 6 months, and my Hba1c from 91 to 47 and then 41 at 6 months. You could mention that the Inuits never ate any carbs once they were weaned from mother's milk and they were healthier living that way than they are now there are shops selling them carby foods. LCHF is not a high protein diet - though I probably eat more than would be advised if I ever admitted to it, and it is high fat only by today's standards - lots of low carb foods, lots of fresh vegetables and salads, probably far more than most people eat.
I am absolutely certain that you'll be a lot healthier following the advice given here than eating a balanced diet as prescribed.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
and mine told me jacket potatoes with baked beans were a good choice. :banghead:

My doctors' surgery has the nurses' waiting room all decked out with printed A4 sheets outlining meal and menu recommendations and on most of them jacket potato with baked beans is suggested as a light lunchtime meal!

Oh, and, of course, porridge made with skimmed milk for breakfast.

I have a theory that they've decided the way to reduce numbers of us T2s is to kill us all off with a high carb diet.

S

serenity648

For some diabetics a portion of porridge is ok

or a jacket potato (not the baked beans too) is ok

we are all different. Thats why we need our meters.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My doctors' surgery has the nurses' waiting room all decked out with printed A4 sheets outlining meal and menu recommendations and on most of them jacket potato with baked beans is suggested as a light lunchtime meal!

Oh, and, of course, porridge made with skimmed milk for breakfast.

I have a theory that they've decided the way to reduce numbers of us T2s is to kill us all off with a high carb diet.

Just guaranteed customers.. does make you wonder sometimes...

Jo_the_boat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What an awful DN. Trust me they are not all like that. Mine purses her lips and stays non commital but I know what she is thinking. I smile knowing I'm a lot slimmer than her too.
Have a look at this link
https://instagram.com/p/BZLTCwdAQ62/
He's a lovely GP in Bristol and so supportive of our way of eating. Young and knowledgable.
X

That's a great link. It's hard to comprehend that the lovely looking plateful is NOT bad for you. I know it may not suit everyone but it certainly opens up possibilities.

Reactions: Speedbird

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
By the way proteins only damage kidneys in those who already have kidney damage So don’t worry much of that , low carbs helps a lot and would I believe high veggie foods of cause the ones with less carbs , but plant protein also seem to be healthy , my nurse and doctor also do not support low carb high fat