Please help

S

Sean01

Hi,
I am newly diagnosed and I am so confused. I have Type 2
I had a blood test in my NHS heath check and my reading was 20
I then had a fasting blood test and the reading was 78
I am not to sure what these mean but I know that it is too high.
I had a telephone call with my Doctor and he has put me on tablets and a referral to the Type 2 Diabetes Group Education but my appointment is not until 8th MARCH 2018.
My doctor has told me to loss weight and exercise more but I am not sure what to do ???????
I am just feeling so cross
thanks for your help
Hi @Kirstyb813. I was new not too long ago. The weight loss in the early days can be amazing (if you have spare weight to loose). Eating the right food at the right time of day and the right amounts will have a potentially dramatic impact. I remember one family meal in the early days, when my wife and kids sat at the table and asked what I was eating as the pointed to a small side plate with not-a-lot on it. My reply was 'It's like food but much much smaller!'.

This web site will give you lots of info on food and the eventual diet you choose to follow my be dictated by lifestyle, morals, religion etc - so I wont tell you to eat bacon - just in case.

But I will say that you should look at going cold turkey on cereals, bread, pasta, rice, potatoes and any fruit or veg with a high glycemic index. (charts available all over the internet)

As for exercise
Start by putting one foot in front of the other and repeat, literally. Walking has amazing benefits. If you can walk (or build up to 25-30 minutes a day at a reasonable pace, you will be doing well. It has various health benefits as well as helping you manage blood sugars and it gives you some 'alone' time to clear your head.

Learn from this web site, take a look at the blogs, ask questions. I'm only two years into my journey and still learning.

One foot in front of the other.

Good luck with your journey.

I've seen all the other replies you have received. The support on this site is brilliant.

Sean T2 Oct 15, metformin time release, diet and a shed load of exercise. Winning.