Please watch my case !

Hassan7

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I've been on insulin for 2 years, had a lot of hypoglycemiac episodes, tried to stop humalog for 10 days and worked with glucophage xr 1000 mg each 12 h as well as lantus 6 units once a day, still got hypos, so made lantus 3 glucophage once a day, then for 3 consecutive days no lantus and did fasting insulin, blood sugar, cpeptide and hb1ac. A1c as 5.4, fasting b s 102, fasting cpeptide and fasting insulin were below normal significantly.
In fact during first 1.5 week of diagnosis, I used to take metformin, eat 100% home cooked not high carb foods , and walking at least 1 hour daily. Levels were far above 500 mg/dl, then I started mixtard when the meter couldn't read above 600 mg/dl.
If it is worth mentioning, exactly in the period from 29 November to 14 December, I was like taking varying humalog u100 units and lantus once a day 9 pm(before sleeping or could be bedtime) 13 units. Starting the 29 th, I couldn't wake up for my 8:30 appointment at all, ended up waking at 12 , then at night on the same day another occasion I was transported to the university's clinic after hallucinating and noticed by all my colleagues. Next day I did fasting and postprandial blood sugar and due to the day before I didn't take the lantus on the 29 th night. I do not know how possibly I was able to fast for 6 hours while being most of the time at university. H1ac was 5.6, FBS 64, pp 133 which was after eating and taking humalog. On the 3rd of December due to 7 units of humalog and I think the meal didn't have corresponding amount of carbs or was high in fat, approximately 3 hours after injection I woke up in a hospital. On the 12 the, again I couldn't wake up for my 8:30 class but woke up after they gave me a lot of carbs(corn flakes, milk and honey- unfortunately) , although I slept early the night before. On the 13 the I was again hospitalized with dextrose or glucagon, Bs was 16 mg/dl, I didn't pass out but was hallucinating very extensively. During the times which I couldn't wake I had like a dream when people interacted with me, kind of hallucinating. Before being hospitalized, I always felt something wasn't correct but interpreted it as being anxious or sad. On the 14 the finally, without lantus after the 13 th 16 Bs, I lost coordination while sitting with my colleagues but rapidly regained it even without eating or drinking anything. I've been without insulin for less than 3 weeks, but before, I was on insulin from Jan 2015 till end of February 2017. Current mass: 52 kg(significantly falling), current height:173 cm. In this month I tried stopping humalog for 10 days and stay with 6 lantus units one shot daily and glucophage xr 1000 mg twice a tay, but still suffered from many hypoglycemiac episodes. Currently, I take no insulin, but milga and Galvus Met 50/2500 every 12 hours, eat more regularly and more nutrition wise and increasing my protein intake in order to gain weight.

Reactions: Freema

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been on insulin for 2 years, had a lot of hypoglycemiac episodes, tried to stop humalog for 10 days and worked with glucophage xr 1000 mg each 12 h as well as lantus 6 units once a day, still got hypos, so made lantus 3 glucophage once a day, then for 3 consecutive days no lantus and did fasting insulin, blood sugar, cpeptide and hb1ac. A1c as 5.4, fasting b s 102, fasting cpeptide and fasting insulin were below normal significantly.
In fact during first 1.5 week of diagnosis, I used to take metformin, eat 100% home cooked not high carb foods , and walking at least 1 hour daily. Levels were far above 500 mg/dl, then I started mixtard when the meter couldn't read above 600 mg/dl.
If it is worth mentioning, exactly in the period from 29 November to 14 December, I was like taking varying humalog u100 units and lantus once a day 9 pm(before sleeping or could be bedtime) 13 units. Starting the 29 th, I couldn't wake up for my 8:30 appointment at all, ended up waking at 12 , then at night on the same day another occasion I was transported to the university's clinic after hallucinating and noticed by all my colleagues. Next day I did fasting and postprandial blood sugar and due to the day before I didn't take the lantus on the 29 th night. I do not know how possibly I was able to fast for 6 hours while being most of the time at university. H1ac was 5.6, FBS 64, pp 133 which was after eating and taking humalog. On the 3rd of December due to 7 units of humalog and I think the meal didn't have corresponding amount of carbs or was high in fat, approximately 3 hours after injection I woke up in a hospital. On the 12 the, again I couldn't wake up for my 8:30 class but woke up after they gave me a lot of carbs(corn flakes, milk and honey- unfortunately) , although I slept early the night before. On the 13 the I was again hospitalized with dextrose or glucagon, Bs was 16 mg/dl, I didn't pass out but was hallucinating very extensively. During the times which I couldn't wake I had like a dream when people interacted with me, kind of hallucinating. Before being hospitalized, I always felt something wasn't correct but interpreted it as being anxious or sad. On the 14 the finally, without lantus after the 13 th 16 Bs, I lost coordination while sitting with my colleagues but rapidly regained it even without eating or drinking anything. I've been without insulin for less than 3 weeks, but before, I was on insulin from Jan 2015 till end of February 2017. Current mass: 52 kg(significantly falling), current height:173 cm. In this month I tried stopping humalog for 10 days and stay with 6 lantus units one shot daily and glucophage xr 1000 mg twice a tay, but still suffered from many hypoglycemiac episodes. Currently, I take no insulin, but milga and Galvus Met 50/2500 every 12 hours, eat more regularly and more nutrition wise and increasing my protein intake in order to gain weight.
Hello @Hassan7, is there a message or a question in your initial post? If so, could you summarise, but very briefly please?

You'll find that long posts like these don't tend to get much feedback, if any, just because the readers often get lost in the post.

No offence mind. Just saying:)

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@Hassan7 Perhaps you were just taking too much insulin?

I'm a little confused about what you're actually taking now as you seemed to swap from Lantus to Humalog or both. Metformin is generally taken by Type 2s.

You mention your weight loss. Your BMI is around 17 which is underweight. If you're losing weight, then you would be wise testing your blood sugar frequently to see if it's going high as this will cause weight loss and an inability to put on weight.

Hassan7

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hello @Hassan7, is there a message or a question in your initial post? If so, could you summarise, but very briefly please?

You'll find that long posts like these don't tend to get much feedback, if any, just because the readers often get lost in the post.

No offence mind. Just saying:)
Sorry, you have to read otherwise you couldn't answer. Thanks

Hassan7

Type of diabetes
Type 1

I'm a little confused about what you're actually taking now as you seemed to swap from Lantus to Humalog or both. Metformin is generally taken by Type 2s.

You mention your weight loss. Your BMI is around 17 which is underweight. If you're losing weight, then you would be wise testing your blood sugar frequently to see if it's going high as this will cause weight loss and an inability to put on weight.
Before my Dr thought I was insulin resistant.
2- humalog was stopped before lantus, after doing the tests, 2 weeks ago I never took lantus but took humalog occasionally for high carb meals

Hassan7

Type of diabetes
Type 1

My blood sugar levels these days are rarely above 110 mg/dl, they tend to be low

RobertJ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
These aren't questions. These are statements. What would you like people to assist you with?

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
My blood sugar levels these days are rarely above 110 mg/dl, they tend to be low

Are you taking insulin now?

If you're managing without insulin except when you eat a high carb meal, then that may be due to the honeymoon period where your own pancreas has made a temporary recovery and can make some insulin of its own.

Keep testing your blood sugar frequently and then you will see when your own insulin production is failing and when you need insulin again to control your blood sugar.

If there is doubt about your Type 1 diagnosis, you could ask for a GAD test.

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry, you have to read otherwise you couldn't answer. Thanks
That's the problem @Hassan7, I don't know what I'm reading. There appears to be a fundamental language barrier, making things very confusing regarding what it is you are trying to ask or trying to state.

The more concise and brief you make your post, the better feedback you will get. @azure has been very kind in trying to decipher what your issue is, but until you make your exact issue known (in a brief summary) - it's very hard for even an experienced T1D like Azure, or anyone else on the forum, to offer assistance.

Reactions: Freema and Medusa41

Hassan7

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Are you taking insulin now?

If you're managing without insulin except when you eat a high carb meal, then that may be due to the honeymoon period where your own pancreas has made a temporary recovery and can make some insulin of its own.

Keep testing your blood sugar frequently and then you will see when your own insulin production is failing and when you need insulin again to control your blood sugar.

If there is doubt about your Type 1 diagnosis, you could ask for a GAD test.
Thanks a lot.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Hello @Hassan7

Your posts suggest that you are very anxious and maybe a bit muddled about the role insulin has to play in your Type 1.

I think you need to print out your original post and take it to your doctor and discuss the contents with him/her what you should be doing or trying now.

We are not medical professionals, we cannot advise you on medication except to encourage you to follow any regime agreed to between you and your doctor.

Reactions: tigger