PM is flashing her Libre

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Lovely to see Theresa May with her Libre on the 'Pride of Britain' awards.

:happy:

Reactions: Juicyj

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
just watching pride of Britain awards

Theresa may wearing a libre presenting an award.:)

Reactions: Snapsy and Juicyj

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Wow very impressed with Theresa, always wonder what 'kit' these high profile type 1's are on :)

Reactions: Snapsy

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
did he get the pump as a rider ????? LOL

Reactions: Jaylee

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
did he get the pump as a rider ????? LOL

Not unless the NHS had organised the gig.. :D Oddly, you can get away with lows as a singer.
But not as part of the rhythm section. :banghead:

leahkian

I agree with mahola on this one, i bet she did not have to fight for her pump or had her NHS trust say they could not afford it. If Mrs May wants to do some thing for our emergency services then pay them what the deserve and stop treating them with contempt. This is yet another PR stunt pretending that she cares, why is it she only shows up when something bad has happened to praise them but then goes back to no.10 not thinking about the fireman who has to have a second job to put food on the table. Mrs May is trying to win back support by introducing the opt out law but yes it is a good idea and will save lives. The only problem is our NHS is on it knees and understaffed, more organs means we need more staff, beds and more money. Will this happen? NO. Mrs May will be covered by private sector for her health care and leaves the rest of us with a man who is taking the NHS back to the 1940s. She is driving dedicated staff away with low pay, longer working hours and they feel undervalued by her party. Can someone tell me that if 10% of the NHS budget is linked to diabetes why is she not doing some thing about it, the simple reply is as long as her and her party are ok then the rest can get on with it.

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Not unless the NHS had organised the gig.. :D Oddly, you can get away with lows as a singer.
But not as part of the rhythm section. :banghead:
I have obviously been to a few gigs which were manned by T1's having hypos' -- or maybe it was me having one sending the music out of sync !!!:D

TheBigNewt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My wife wants Prince Harry to run for PM. He'll shape the joint up big time!

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have obviously been to a few gigs which were manned by T1's having hypos' -- or maybe it was me having one sending the music out of sync !!!:D

Now strangely enough.. I was also in another band with an MDIer bassist. (True. I was upto my eyeballs with T1 musos!) we had a saying between us.. More a "code" for him after a hypo incident he had once lovely guy but got a little "short" when sub 3. . (Far be it for me to tell a fellow D he's hypo...) "when the music sounds 5H17? Yer low."

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My wife wants Prince Harry to run for PM. He'll shape the joint up big time!

Lol, it don't work like that over here.... What the royals do in the polling booth. Stays in the box with da slot...! ;)

NoKindOfSusie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I don't get the excitement. Ooh, I have the same (utterly awful) disease as that (utterly awful) woman. Great. I really want something in common with her...

I do wonder if she spends as much time feeling as grim as I do, whether that explains anything...

Edited for language.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Prem51

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I do wonder if she spends as much time feeling as grim as I do, whether that explains anything...
I don't know, but there are plenty of T1s doing high pressure difficult jobs not in the public eye who can afford similar contraptions to those the PM is using. Somehow we manage to get on and not spend loads of time feeling grim. Just saying.

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
I agree with mahola on this one, i bet she did not have to fight for her pump or had her NHS trust say they could not afford it.
Mrs May does not have a pump she is on MDI

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Tbh, I don't have much interest in the PM and I don't care what she has stuck on her ( but a few political leeches I'm sure;)) or what she wears or what loo roll she's use's :rolleyes: I only wish I could afford a Libre, like so many others.

leahkian

I could not care less if Mrs May is on MDI , what i and other diabetics want to know is if its good enough for her why can we all not have the same as she does. Are we any less a diabetic than she is and if she had a once of knowing what can happen with diabetes she would be making sure that everyone got the best care possible no matter who the are.

Reactions: janeliz and Prem51