1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2017 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, Royal Holloway, University of London are conducting a study to understand how people with diabetes create and share knowledge online. Get involved here »
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

PM is flashing her Libre

Discussion in 'Blood Glucose Monitoring' started by Snapsy, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Snapsy

Snapsy Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Lovely to see Theresa May with her Libre on the 'Pride of Britain' awards.

:happy:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. himtoo

himtoo Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

just watching pride of Britain awards

Theresa may wearing a libre presenting an award.:)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. helensaramay

helensaramay Type 1 · Well-Known Member

No sign of a pump bump though.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Juicyj

Juicyj Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Wow very impressed with Theresa, always wonder what 'kit' these high profile type 1's are on :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. mahola

mahola Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I think she is absolutely disgusting even thinking of going on that stage! Presenting an award to the sister of a policeman who was murdered, defending the government. The very same government who are destroying the police force and other emergency services. She can wear what she likes, she gets no respect from me whatsoever.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Jaylee

Jaylee Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Had a bass player with a pump bump.. Used to leave his PDM lying about on the stage next to our hypo fixers.. That's rock & roll!

• Like Like x 2
  7. himtoo

Staff Member

did he get the pump as a rider ????? LOL

• Like Like x 1
  8. Jaylee

Staff Member

Not unless the NHS had organised the gig.. :D Oddly, you can get away with lows as a singer.
    But not as part of the rhythm section. :banghead:

9. leahkian

leahkian · Well-Known Member

I agree with mahola on this one, i bet she did not have to fight for her pump or had her NHS trust say they could not afford it. If Mrs May wants to do some thing for our emergency services then pay them what the deserve and stop treating them with contempt. This is yet another PR stunt pretending that she cares, why is it she only shows up when something bad has happened to praise them but then goes back to no.10 not thinking about the fireman who has to have a second job to put food on the table. Mrs May is trying to win back support by introducing the opt out law but yes it is a good idea and will save lives. The only problem is our NHS is on it knees and understaffed, more organs means we need more staff, beds and more money. Will this happen? NO. Mrs May will be covered by private sector for her health care and leaves the rest of us with a man who is taking the NHS back to the 1940s. She is driving dedicated staff away with low pay, longer working hours and they feel undervalued by her party. Can someone tell me that if 10% of the NHS budget is linked to diabetes why is she not doing some thing about it, the simple reply is as long as her and her party are ok then the rest can get on with it.

• Like Like x 3
  10. himtoo

Staff Member

I have obviously been to a few gigs which were manned by T1's having hypos' -- or maybe it was me having one sending the music out of sync !!!:D

11. TheBigNewt

TheBigNewt Type 1 · Well-Known Member

My wife wants Prince Harry to run for PM. He'll shape the joint up big time!

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Jaylee

Staff Member

Now strangely enough.. I was also in another band with an MDIer bassist. (True. I was upto my eyeballs with T1 musos!) we had a saying between us.. More a "code" for him after a hypo incident he had once lovely guy but got a little "short" when sub 3. . (Far be it for me to tell a fellow D he's hypo...) "when the music sounds 5H17? Yer low."

13. Jaylee

Staff Member

Lol, it don't work like that over here.... What the royals do in the polling booth. Stays in the box with da slot...! ;)

14. NoKindOfSusie

NoKindOfSusie Type 1 · Active Member

I don't get the excitement. Ooh, I have the same (utterly awful) disease as that (utterly awful) woman. Great. I really want something in common with her...

I do wonder if she spends as much time feeling as grim as I do, whether that explains anything...

Edited for language.

• Like Like x 1
    #14 NoKindOfSusie, Nov 8, 2017 at 1:31 AM
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2017
  15. tim2000s

tim2000s Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

I don't know, but there are plenty of T1s doing high pressure difficult jobs not in the public eye who can afford similar contraptions to those the PM is using. Somehow we manage to get on and not spend loads of time feeling grim. Just saying.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. CarbsRok

CarbsRok Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Mrs May does not have a pump she is on MDI

17. Robinredbreast

Robinredbreast Type 1 · Oracle

Tbh, I don't have much interest in the PM and I don't care what she has stuck on her ( but a few political leeches I'm sure;)) or what she wears or what loo roll she's use's :rolleyes: I only wish I could afford a Libre, like so many others.

• Like Like x 5
  18. leahkian

leahkian · Well-Known Member

I could not care less if Mrs May is on MDI , what i and other diabetics want to know is if its good enough for her why can we all not have the same as she does. Are we any less a diabetic than she is and if she had a once of knowing what can happen with diabetes she would be making sure that everyone got the best care possible no matter who the are.

• Like Like x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook