Positive!

jade88

Hi ladies so I took a test at the weekend and got a positive result we are pregnant!!!
Excited but very very nervous! Haven't been able to get in touch my my diabetes team yet which is worrying me!
Been struggling to get my bloods down too - seem to keep climbing to 11 and then don't want to budge even when I correct! xxx

Reactions: 9 people

vicjord

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi ladies so I took a test at the weekend and got a positive result we are pregnant!!!
Excited but very very nervous! Haven't been able to get in touch my my diabetes team yet which is worrying me!
Been struggling to get my bloods down too - seem to keep climbing to 11 and then don't want to budge even when I correct! xxx
Congratulations that's great news!! Xx

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
What lovely news, I am so pleased for you, congratulations :happy: :joyful: Good luck and all the best

RRB x

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Omg jade. :D:D:D .

Congratulations so happy for you , how exciting .
Hopefully you can get in contact with your team soon they will be able to help and guide you , is annoying when bms don't do what you want them too . Keep us updated . :p

xxx

JessP

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Congratulations! Wonderful news. Hope your BMs settle soon. Good luck! X

sleepyheadzzz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Congrats! I just got a positive test on Friday as well and am also having trouble keeping my bloodsugars down but its gradually been getting better the last few days. My endo asked me to fax her my records from the last week but she doesn't want to see me for a couple of weeks yet.

jade88

Congratulations to you too sleepyheadzzz! I spoke to the diabetic midwife on Monday who told me to call and make an appt in week 8! I told her about the unexplainable highs and she said it was prob due to hormones and just to correct when high! guess this is the beginning of a long hard road for both of us! x

G

gemma6549

Congratulations to you too sleepyheadzzz! I spoke to the diabetic midwife on Monday who told me to call and make an appt in week 8! I told her about the unexplainable highs and she said it was prob due to hormones and just to correct when high! guess this is the beginning of a long hard road for both of us! x

Hi jade, are you seeing anyone before that? Only as far as I'm aware you should be seen within 2 weeks then have a weekly telephone appointment and your first scan at 7-8 weeks x

vicjord

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi could i just ask what were your earliest signs that you were pregnant? x

jade88

Nope not seeing anyone before 8 weeks just weekly telephone call with midwife - she went through a checklist of things I would be doing but already doing all of it!
Vicjord I had no signs except my period was late! I still haven't had any symptoms I don't even feel pregnant however done several years now all of which were positive! xxx

G

gemma6549

Nope not seeing anyone before 8 weeks just weekly telephone call with midwife - she went through a checklist of things I would be doing but already doing all of it!
Vicjord I had no signs except my period was late! I still haven't had any symptoms I don't even feel pregnant however done several years now all of which were positive! xxx

As long as they are looking after you properly :)

vicjord

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks I just keep looking out for signs and convincing myself that i am. I'll just relax and wait for the missed period. X

G

gemma6549

Thanks I just keep looking out for signs and convincing myself that i am. I'll just relax and wait for the missed period. X

I'm guilty of the same! I guess that's because I want to be pregnant so desperately!!

They say just enjoy it but I'm so impatient :)

jade88

It's agony waiting every month! I kept convincing myself I wasn't to stop myself being disappointed! Now I'm trying not to get too excited incase something goes wrong! Good luck girls! xxx

Reactions: 2 people

vicjord

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm only on my second month of trying tho so hopefully sometime this year I'll be pregnant..i feel the pressure tho of my mum wanting to buy baby clothes and my sister asking "any news?" I know they mean well. X

Reactions: 2 people