PRAWN CRACKERS

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just had a chinese take away and was very good only eating a few noodles out of the chow mein and eating all the chicken out of the kung po but then I fell foul of the prawn crackers they are impossible to stop eating once you start :evil: I cant find out how many carbs there are in them I have looked on the usual carb counting sites but no good .I know I could test after 2 hours but I am having a couple of glasses of wine and some very dark choc so I will not get a reading for the chinese .All help gratefully received
CAROL

Belinda221222

Hi found two sites listing nutritional info for prawn crackers
http://www.healthyweightforum.org/eng/calorie-counter/calories_in_chinese_food/
5g carb per 3 large prawn crackers
Another less helpful sites
http://caloriecount.about.com/calories-tesco-prawn-crackers-i76938
http://www.livestrong.com/thedailyplate/nutrition-calories/food/waitrose/prawn-crackers/

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks it is not too bad if you only have 3 ,but I am not telling how many I ate :oops:
CAROL

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
carty said:
Thanks it is not too bad if you only have 3 ,but I am not telling how many I ate :oops:
CAROL

We can only guess Carol :lol:

Patch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Yup - I'm a Prawn Cracker fiend too. The problem is, me and the missus only ever have a chinese once in a blue moon, and our place ALWAYS gives you a free portion of Prawn Crackers.

They are mighty addictive.

:(

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Patch said:
Yup - I'm a Prawn Cracker fiend too. The problem is, me and the missus only ever have a chinese once in a blue moon, and our place ALWAYS gives you a free portion of Prawn Crackers.

They are mighty addictive.

:(

Spend over £10 and you get a free bag from my local, they are rather nice and sticking to just a few can prove difficult :twisted:

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yep ours are free too and it is rude to leave some when they have so kindly been given to you :lol:
CAROL

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
carty said:
Yep ours are free too and it is rude to leave some when they have so kindly been given to you :lol:
CAROL

WHATEVER :)

Patch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Believe it or not - I have been known to throw them away!

(I've also been known to eat 'em for breakfast, so, well, y'know... Swings and roundabouts)

Truffle

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Someone who knows it all.
I just pretend that as they are derived from 'prawns' they are carb free and therefore don't count! :lol:

SweetHeart

Sharwoods Home Cooked, cooked in Veg oil are 63.8g per 100g.

Bad news. And I have a huge bag of uncooked prawn crackers from the Chinese supermarket in my larder. Dang. :(

Ju

bmorgen

It's not just the carb number but the glycemic load that matters. Prawn crackers are very very fatty. Anyone know the GL? I'm betting that like crisps, their main peril is not high blood sugar but high calories.

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am a skinny DB so the calories are a bonus but the carbs are the danger
CAROL